Which model Jonsered is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 820/920 with a handguard instead of a chainbrake? New one on me.

My 920 is still in pieces, still needing a lot of things, which is why I'm :Eye:/\:Eye: for them on eBay.

If you look at a new 820/920 top cover, there's actually two little divots cast into it where you'd drill to rivet on the hand guard. The early saws had the guard, later ones had the full brake. They were sold in third world countries with the guard and not the brake for the duration of the model run.

Even the 930 top cover has mounting holes for a hand gaurd. I don't know if a chain brake was optional on the 920 like it was on the 910 but parts get changed over the years.

If you look at a new 820/920 top cover, there's actually two little divots cast into it where you'd drill to rivet on the hand guard. The early saws had the guard, later ones had the full brake. They were sold in third world countries with the guard and not the brake for the duration of the model run.

You must have been able to choose whether or not to have the hand guard. My dad's 920 is from 1982 with a serial # of 1983 and it had no hand guard on it. It also had a very old style chain brake (which broke while my dad was still using it).

Latest posts

Back