Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest and strongest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest?

• Saw #1

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Saw #2

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out these hillbillys.lol:rock:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDxSgq88Clw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDxSgq88Clw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:cheers:

That's good **** dude. Big Smo iz aight in my book. He sounds alot like Everlast but I love anything Everlast does so I say that's a good thing. :)

Yeah, that's tight ri there. :rockn: brings back memories :D

Here is race saw!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_MODgaKbA0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_MODgaKbA0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is race saw!

I have seen that saw in action once. It is simply amazing! Who built it?

As I've said many times now, Eric builds a mean saw. If someone wants him to build their saw, it certainly doesn't bother me. And also, like I've already said, this has little to do with who can build the fastest saw. It has everything to do with accusations that were made that simply cannot be backed up, and for that matter, evidence shows otherwise. And that only really matters because it comes from a man that likes to claim saws of his are stock, that are very obviously not.

Last edited:
Or Brad knows how to make a bad saw hold rpms in the wood thats half the race..:D

Is that what I did when my 260 took first in class against a couple of ECs saws, including your 5100? That right there is the day this whole fiasco started. Why someone that can build a saw like Eric can, is bothered by a work saw builder like me is beyond me.

Come on down tomorrow. We'll run some saws:clap:

Thats ok brad you dont have to feel sorry for me. I was just messin with you, I have no problem with you, you make good threads, but this one got hijacked and the oddball stuff going on was just too much...I couldnt take it anymore...I wanted to play too! I found a video of giraffe fight..do you care if i post it?:D

Or Brad knows how to make a bad saw hold rpms in the wood thats half the race..:D

A very light touch in the last 2 videos.

I'm getting confused though...here's what I'm hearing:

"I'm the winner, but it's not about who can build a faster saw...but mine's faster."

"Eric's a better builder than I am, but my saw's faster, but it's not about whose saw is faster (mine is)..."

If it's not about who has the better saw, then stop pretending like the videos demonstrate anything. They don't.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcWPIvfXkj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcWPIvfXkj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Epic giraffe fight....I hate violence...but this one is ok in my book.

[video=youtube;C7HCIGFdBt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HCIGFdBt8[/video]

I have seen that saw in action once. It is simply amazing! As I've said many times now, Eric builds a mean saw. If someone wants him to build their saw, it certainly doesn't bother me. And also, like I've already said, this has little to do with who can build the fastest saw. It has everything to do with accusations that were made that simply cannot be backed up, and for that matter, evidence shows otherwise. And that only really matters because it comes from a man that likes to claim saws of his are stock, that are very obviously not.

WHat evidence? You have two differnt guys running saw in two differnt wood types with differnt chains. TO me it looks like Woodchucker is a bit heavy handed, if I pull hard enough on that 880 it will slow down.

Jack Walker was there when they compared the 2 681's ask him, Jacks a stright shooter! Beside the 681 they compared it too was Nate's which that saw is used to log with. It wasn't Eric's saw.

If you really feel you have been wronged take Eric up on his deal, according to you Eric is the one that should be scared not you. I think Stihl the Deere hit it dead on, You're not fool enough to take that bet, you'd get embarrassed if you decided to go heads up, you know it as well as everyone else. I think it would be a eye opener to some of the guys here that haven't really seen what a guy like him can do. I know you won't do a build off, you'll just crow on how light handed you are and how the revs from that saw are just screaming in that pine, and they probably should with how high you took those transfers.

Thats ok brad you dont have to feel sorry for me. I was just messin with you, I have no problem with you, you make good threads, but this one got hijacked and the oddball stuff going on was just too much...I couldnt take it anymore...I wanted to play too! I found a video of giraffe fight..do you care if i post it?:D
Lol, I hijacked this thread when I started it:) You can post whatever you want!

Brad maybe you should just stick to photography/movies,you do seem to be pretty good at that...........you are way more useful with a camera than a chainsaw......:laugh:

I love being gone for so long catching up here has gotten much better than it used to be.. no more oil threads and stihl vs husky.. now were on to the solo events.. I would ask how everyones been but ..............

WHat evidence? You have two differnt guys running saw in two differnt wood types with differnt chains. TO me it looks like Woodchucker is a bit heavy handed, if I pull hard enough on that 880 it will slow down.

You seem to be forgetting again. Jason posted vids of the 681 comparing it to his 7900 right after he got it. The 681 was faster. What Jason didn't post here, but is on his YouTube channel, is the vid I posted earlier of the 681 with ECs topend on it run against that same 7900. The 681 was only about .2 seconds faster. There was a greater spread between the two when my topend was on it. I call that evidence.

Gink, you have to admit this 681 doesn't run anything like your 7900. Now that saw is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back