Who climbs in the snow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanopyGorilla

climber....sawyer
Reaction score
How many of you guys spur out removals is driving snow? I made the call the other day to call the troops in but wondering if most of you would just call it a week and start up on Monday.

I agree w ecotree if you got money in the bank it can wait If the schedules full and worse conditions coming. It's usually not bad once we get going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday the high going to be 26 and the rest of the week the high is 13. The mornings starts off at -5 and 13 at 2 then starts getting cold and the winds always blowing at least 20.

If it is below 10, then I stay in, pace the floor and look out the window. 17, sunny and no wind=perfect winter work weather. If it gets up much higher, say 25 and the sun is out, **** starts melting and creates a big mess. The worst thing is that little shiny coast of ice on the trees. The snow melts, stays in the furrows, then it freezes and becomes a skating rink. Total PITA.
I have a bunch of backyard stuff to do, but holding off, trying to drag brush up a hill in the snow sucks. SO I have been sticking to the easy ones. Going out just a couple times a week to try and stay on some sort of schedule. Hoping it breaks soon, if not, some oaks will have to wait until next year.

Now it almost 30 and heading to the job to battle the top inch or so of mud. Almost finished yesterday 1 tree left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back