Who got a saw for christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jburlingham

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I awoke this morning to see a large box sitting under the tree. When I was finally allowed to open it (after son got his goods) I found a brandy new John Deere CS62. I had hinted, and was planning on a self acquisition but I got one from the Wife.

Anyone else graced with a saw?

Lucky you! You've got a keeper!

I doubt any of my family would ever give me a saw because:

#1 It's a lot of money and -

#2 Because I have so many saws and am rather selective about tools

They'd be afraid to get the "wrong" one (even though IMHO there is no such thing except if it's a noname made in china).

I did decide to give a saw for Christmas - ordered a Husky 353 for a good friend who keeps looking fondly at my lineup of saws. Unfortunately, this Christmas was the year of the "order didn't come in" for me as this saw hasn't arrived yet (it was due on Tuesday). My own gift from the Mrs. (a Trek bicycle) also never came in because the dealer simply decided not to order it, without telling her, because he decided that he liked a different model (which I don't like) better. How's that for crappy service? :chainsaw:

Today is great weather for cutting (sunny, 36 deg) but I wouldn't dare.

Merry Christmas everybody!

You are a great guy to give a saw for Christmas, and a nice one at that.

My wife knew my taste in saws, and she had a little help from a great friend and AS member. He helped steer her right, and even let me try a one of his saws so that unknowingly i was making sure to get the right size for what i wanted it for.

Thanks for the Help Griffin!!!!

I didn't get a saw but saw realted consumables from my FIL:clap:
-6 pack of Stihl mix
-Gallon of bar oil
-(1) loop of RSC chain for the 024
It was the best Christmas ever!!!

Bought myself a ne346xp to go with my 372xp can't wait to try it out hope everyone had a very merry xmas.

No saw, but I made out pretty well with some new chaps, new Felco pruners, and the '09 Stihl calendar.

Happy holidays everybody!! :greenchainsaw:

No saw but I did get a cpmpression tester and a stihl tach.This should save me from asking a lot of stupid posts.

Nope. But my brother visited this morning and I gave him a couple loops of square chain and sharpened him up a couple more loops of square I had given him a couple months ago.

My wife hates to buy me any tools at all because I am so damn picky about which ones and if I want something I already have it.

Latest posts

Back