Who got a saw for christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an 076 Super from my boys! Well I found it the other day at a local dealer for 40$. And gave it to my wife to have the boys wrap it up for my x-mas. I bought it for the chain brake and he sold it as a parts saw. It was missing lower front av buffers and had a broke starter pawl & rope, but said he was told it ran before starter broke. So I got it apart to check it all out and all i can say is WOW!!!!! NO wear on cyl. or the piston. I cant even see wear marks where the piston rides in the cyl. So now im going to order all the gaskets and see if she runs but i think im going to wait on Brad to finish his 076 and see how it runs with that lighted piston and ported cyl. before i put it together may have to do some work on that 1/2 lb piston lol

Saw related,
From my wife: Actron Vacuum Pump and a pressure bulb for my pressure tester.
From my daughter: Piston ring compressor set from Baileys.

I have enough saws, but not enough test equipment for them.

No saw here. Just a pair of chaps for my b-day a couple of days ago and my mom sent a check that I'll use to buy a timberjack. The in-laws gave me a $50 gift certificate for the Stihl dealer. So a couple loops of RSC for the 5100 are in order.

no saw for christmas but got a pair of stihl ear muffs from the misses, and i bought myself a 3/8 filing kit from stihl. Although in january the little woman is getting me the ms 460 i want so i guess that kinda counts

No saw, but my girlfriend paid for a pair of Viking Timberwolf boots

DSCN0684.jpg

and my mom got me a copy of Mike Acres Chainsaw book. My stepdad was looking through and said
man "I've worked on about 25% of the saws in this book. Thank god most of them are dead"

I am single so I got myself a MS390 w/ 20" bar and full skip chain with a spare chisel and a set of Labonville chaps. My buddy gave me a 6 pack of Stihl premix and a gallon of Stihl bar oil. It was a good Christmas indeed. Last year I bough myself a new street bike, so I guess internal combustion is now a Christmas tradition. My girlfriend thinks the saw and chaps are sexy so I guess I picked right there too. :clap: :clap:

I hope you all have had a great Christmas.

No saw, but $200 more for the 660 fund. And some kevlar chainsaw chaps.

I did get a new .45 Colt Lightweight Commander though. Guns are almost as good to have as chainsaws aren't they? :chainsaw:

ps - not me below

I got a new Stihl cutter, the one made in C-H-I-N-A, from flatpikr. http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=29086

Here is a picture if you do not believe me about the "made in China" statement.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

attachment.php

He also sent me a Northern tools "Wood Blaster" splitting wedge. I haven't tried the wedge out yet but the Stihl knife works great for getting underneath the finger nails clean :)

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back