Who got a saw for christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I Only Got Husqvarna Leather Gloves. But At $30.00 A Pair I Guess I,m Lucky . My 4 And 6 Year Old Made Out The Best And The Look On There Face When They Saw All Their Presents Was Worth More Then The New Chainsaw For Me ! Well Thats The Story I Keep Telling My Self:( Happy Holidays And Good Luck With Your New Chainsaw . My Uncle Love Is Deer Saw I Heard That Stihl Was Behind The Deer So It Must Be A Good One!

Good Gift.

No saw this year - but my son and daughter-in-law got me a Kolpin saw press bracket for my 4-wheeler. Should come in super handy for carrying my saw when I do trail clearing!

Al :clap: :clap:

How about if I won the bid on a project saw off of Ebay on Chrismas day? That counts right?

My family did get me a couple of bar and chain protectors, a big chainsaw service manual and a small engine repair manual.

We had a great Christmas and hope everyone else did also.

My Pleasure

You are a great guy to give a saw for Christmas, and a nice one at that.

My wife knew my taste in saws, and she had a little help from a great friend and AS member. He helped steer her right, and even let me try a one of his saws so that unknowingly i was making sure to get the right size for what i wanted it for.

Thanks for the Help Griffin!!!!

I am very glad to have helped out... Sounds like Santa treated you well, and I am really glad that you got to try out the saw in that class. To be honest, there really isn't any going back now. 60+cc will only lead to an 80cc. You are welcome to try out the 7900, but I think we better let her get used to the 62 first... Merry Christmas my friend.

Bought myself one just before christmas Makita/Dolmar 401.
Glad I did too..God give me one big a$$ 80ft maple tree that damn near hit our house two days later!!!:jawdrop:

Might not beable to cut the whole tree up but I'll put a nice cut into it by the time I am done!! :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
ordered one before christmas that isn't here yet, picked another one up the day after christmas that i haven't tried yet.
close enough right?:)

can't wait to get home and run em side by side.:chainsaw:

I didn't get a saw, but I did get a Bosch 18v, Litheon battery, 1/2" keyless chuck cordless drill.

Bought myself an MS361 a few days before Christmas, bad weather kept it in the box until the day after, so I stored it under the christmas tree. I used it for the first time Friday and all I can say is wow. I've never used anything like this before, cut up some <10" oak and it was very impressive. I can't wait to sink into something bigger. I'm running an 18" bar, 8 pin sproket and RSC chain. I might go to the 24-25" for some bigger stuff down the road. maybe I'll just get a bigger saw to go with it?

Well, I did now.

I never did tell my wife that I bought a 361. We were at my BIL's and he asked what we got for Christmas. We were all sitting around the table after dinner. My wife and I decided we weren't going to buy gifts for each other this year. We both just buy whatever we want when we need it. I'm always buying some new toy.

She has been complaining about the computer running slow. I knew it had some virus issues. So, I ordered her a new laptop. So, I told him that I got a new computer for her and that she got me a new saw.:cheers: It was the first that she had heard about it.

He said, "Wow, nice Christmas gift".

She said, "Yeah, it's Christmas for him every week.":biggrinbounce2:

Well, I did now.

I never did tell my wife that I bought a 361. We were at my BIL's and he asked what we got for Christmas. We were all sitting around the table after dinner. My wife and I decided we weren't going to buy gifts for each other this year. We both just buy whatever we want when we need it. I'm always buying some new toy.

She has been complaining about the computer running slow. I knew it had some virus issues. So, I ordered her a new laptop. So, I told him that I got a new computer for her and that she got me a new saw.:cheers: It was the first that she had heard about it.

He said, "Wow, nice Christmas gift".

She said, "Yeah, it's Christmas for him every week.":biggrinbounce2:

Similar deal here, Karen & I focused on the grandkids this year...

But somehow on 12-24, while momma was out "last minute blitzing", I ran a few tanks through a new dual-port MS460... She gathered up a load of antique furniture. :dizzy: I guess that's a tie, or a truce, or something.

Luckily, there's enough orange in the shed that one (or more) just disappears among. :cheers:

I awoke this morning to see a large box sitting under the tree. When I was finally allowed to open it (after son got his goods) I found a brandy new John Deere CS62. I had hinted, and was planning on a self acquisition but I got one from the Wife.

Anyone else graced with a saw?

You must have been married for either a very short time to have fallen for this ruse or a very long time to have been appropriately reprogrammed to accept it.

See, she was actually just making an inevtitable family pruchase in your stead and pocketing what whe would have spent on your real present.

Never mention what you plan to buy for yourself during gift-giving season...

Seriously, congratulations. :clap: It takes a special wife to know what you really want and be able to get the right one. Good on you both. I got Stihl chaps and some other stuff.

I got me a little Tanaka 3401 TH I ran the snot out of it Sun, Had some idle concerns, but seems to coming out of it.

Back