Who has a dodge powerwagon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2,a '49 and a '50,and am addicted to them.Dad bought the 50 back in the 80's,I dragged it out of the woods a couple seasons ago and started a frame off restoration,prompting me to buy the 49 so I would have a parts truck.I sent the 50's engineblock out for valve job,cylinder lining(she had been bored .060 over and had worn out)and crankshaft turning.The 49's flathead still runs good,and it has a fisher plow setup that works great....but a bad frame.Figure between the 2 should be able to build one helluva truck.No need to hang a sack of balls off the backs of these rigs!

I HAD one a miss it. 1979, 360 intake/4 barrel carb from a 68 Roadrunner, Doug Thorley headers. 31/10.5's. That was the best "go anywhere" 4X4 I ever owned.

It was a love hate thing. I loved the truck but hated always having to tinker with it. 10mpg but those miles could go just about anywhere. in 4 lo lock it could pull fenceposts down.

Bill

We had a 78 with a 318 for the longest time. That baby hauled a many a load of wood. It was a great truck. The 318 was a good motor imo

Latest posts

Back