Who has seen this before?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keegantimber

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I find this fallen tree interesting, but maybe it’s common. Dead ash fell on its own. Got hung up in other trees. I guess it’s about 80 ft tall and maybe 16 -18inches at the base. Base came up as the top came down. Tree is about 12 feet in the air! 9C182AE3-351E-4339-B069-6048F86CAC91.jpeg

That happens sometimes in the bush I cut in. Usually the root ball will be completely rotten so no weight there and the tree pivots where it gets hung up in another tree. I was back in the bush on the weekend and a bunch more 20" dia poplars also blew over recently. Lots of ash trees with the tops broken on and the tops are laying 40 or 50' up hung up in other tree branches. Your tree will be a difficult one to get to the ground. Watch for branches bouncing back at you when it falls. Keep in mind that all that weight is just sitting there and sometimes it doesn't take much for it to fall.

I have a few times. A tree will break off and come down to get caught in the crotch of another tree . The force will lift the base right up and keep it there. I'm sure sometimes the base comes back down though. I don't know if I've seen everything, but everything I see , I have seen more than once.

Latest posts

Back