Who likes big old Homelite muscle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mean to change the thread but what would an old C 52 Homey be worth. Saw runs but looks like it needs carb cleaned well. Saw overall looks in very nice shape.

Yup, I'm afflicted with that particular mutation of CAD, too.

They cut sssslllllloooooowwwww, but sure are fun to listen to and scare the begeezus out of those not used to saws.

Super Wiz 80 in foreground, semi-dismantled Super 77 behind.

Put me down for a 67 drive link loop of 1/2" for the 77, what came with it is junk. Can't complain though, she was free. More $$$ that way to revive her.

IMG_1521.jpg

Thanks to all who posted.
As for the cost............the previous owner was happy as was I. Don't want to drag this out as to what was, or was not paid. The previous owner wanted them to go to a good home and that they be looked after....Mission accomplished

Having the devil of a time finding a 9/32 file :chainsaw:, going to have to order one from a machine tool supplier. Guess that means I'll have a wait until I can get the 20MCS into the wood for a good vid. The others are coming along. Have had the 5-30 running, but only in short stints. The carb may need some attention. Will post when I get them up to snuff and in some wood.

Drew

Nice find! Be prepared to be "Hooked" on big bore Homies....IF you can find chains...they are even fun to run..once in a while.

I have a role of the 9/16 chain NEW But with surface rust..but NO links. I WISH I could find a few loops of 1/2 inch for my gear drive homies.

I can set you up with presets and tie straps for 9/16" also, and I can trade 1/2" loops for 9/16" loops. I have a Titan 45 Super that has a 22" bar and uses 9/16". :dizzy:

Finally got the old 5-30 fixed and going again. Rebuilt the carb and put some work into the recoil assembly. Nothing major, just needed a little cleaning and adjustment. Have had her out in the test trials and she runs good. Throws some long noodles. Need to sort out some missing screens in the muffler, but other than that, pretty much done with this one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

After putting some time in on the 5-30, I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I snapped this pic of the Iron that helped build North America......

attachment.php

All are runners, and I've cut with them all.

Enjoy .:greenchainsaw:

After putting some time in on the 5-30, I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I snapped this pic of the Iron that helped build North America......

attachment.php

All are runners, and I've cut with them all.

Enjoy .:greenchainsaw:

Great pic... we have lots of that kind of iron over here too !!! :agree2:

I have only a few old homelites as there seem to have been not many around in europe. I got hold however of a 6-63 that I would like to restore in its orginal shape : the reason being that this model resembles the german made AS motor saws which I have in my collection. It's my impression that there's a link between the two brands (rebadged Homelites ??)

9-63bsmall.jpg

6-63asmall.jpg

Now here's the problem : the muffler has been ripped off the saw and left the cylinder cracked. The piston has a mild scorage but can be salvaged. The good part is that she fired right away.

Now I am on the lookout for a cylinder and muffler for this baby. Any Homelite fan can help me out ? Thanks in advance

6-63cyl.jpg

Hello Belgian,

That is a very nice looking 6-63. I wonder how that happened to the cylinder. I belive that cylinder and muffler are the same or very similar to many other Homelites. I will have to do some checking and I just may have something for you.

Bill

Hello Belgian,

That is a very nice looking 6-63. I wonder how that happened to the cylinder. I belive that cylinder and muffler are the same or very similar to many other Homelites. I will have to do some checking and I just may have something for you.

Bill

Hi Bill, it would be great if you could dig one up that fast. I suppose there have been other models with the same displacement 5,01 cu.

I don't know the history of the saw or how the damage occured. Musta have been a good blow on the muffler I guess.

looking forward to your findings. :cheers:

It's been a good week for me with gear drives for sure. I landed a 9-26 and a Stick Shift. The one runs really well and supposedly so does the other, I guess I will know soon enough. Both appear a little rough but, perhaps it's only because they are so filthy. Sometimes the dirt proves to be a fantastic preservative, I hope this is the case. I also ended up with a nice looking 26LCS. I couldn't resist after looking at the pictures that Crane posted.

Hi Bill, it would be great if you could dig one up that fast. I suppose there have been other models with the same displacement 5,01 cu.

I don't know the history of the saw or how the damage occured. Musta have been a good blow on the muffler I guess.

looking forward to your findings. :cheers:

Belgian,
The P&C from an original EZ may fit. Bore and stroke are the same according to Mike Acres site. Can you get a part # for the 6-30? The numbers I have for the EZ is 55490 and a newer # 56182A

I have two EZs - the first one has the handle covered with the green coating and the top of the cylinder looked like yours - it had some scoring so I replaced it but you can have it it you think you can clean it up - I can send a photo, I think I still have your email address. On the second one, the fins on the cylinder are horizontal clear to the top but the two appear to be interchangeable. This cylinder also fits the 5-20 and maybe the 600D. The two part numbers may relate to the fin configuration.

I'll keep an eye out for one. Cheapchainsaw parts seller on Ebay has had a few of these.

Here's one i picked up last weekend.
Homelites first. The 20MCS besides the
fuel tank being dented it's in really nice
shape with the original bar and a scratcher
chain. Replaced the fuel lines and got her to
run but still needs a little tuning.

So i'm in the market for a fuel tank if anyone
knows of one for sale.

Homelite20MCS001.jpg

Homelite20MCS002.jpg

Homelite20MCS003.jpg

Homelite20MCS004.jpg

Homelite20MCS005.jpg

Lee

Belgian.

It looks like buzz-sawyer has you taken care of. I guess I was not very quick. If it does not work out let me know as I am sure I can take care of your need.

Bill

Latest posts

Back