Who likes big old Homelite muscle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite 5-30 N

I saw this Homelite 5-30 N today, but I passed on it. Look at my Mono Series 80 thread to see what I did get!

If anyone is interested, this saw is reasonably priced, not cheap but I think it is reasonable and the piston/rings look to be in very good condition. It is missing the muffler and the starter handle is about to fall apart. Seems to have good compression, I did not check for spark.

If you're interested PM me and I can tell you more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Here's some old Homelite muscle I got a couple weeks back. A little work with the fuel line and it runs very excellent. Has 9/16" chisel which has seen better day and an 8 tooth gear. Since the picture was taken, I have acquired a new muffler assembly (2 actually), a 1/2" gear, and, very shortly, a loop of 1/2" chain. Now I'll be looking a for 42-48" bar. I think I have a line on a 404 sprocket, and that ought to open my options up considerably. If I can get decals, I may just repaint this one.

BTW, this is a 900 gear drive.

Chris B.

900G_13.jpg

900G_8.jpg

900G_12.jpg

You mean that little sheet metal cover? They do turn up missing more often than not. I have one on my 26LCS which fits perfectly on the 900G. I love the interchangeability.

Chris B.

Fellas -

Bumping an old thread -- trying to identify the saw in this picture - can anyone help with model and value?

Thanks,

Scott
View attachment 566656

It looks a whole lot like a 6-63 that has been slightly "modified": The filler cap sticking out from what I take is the fuel tank is a home-improvement special: no Homelite I know of had anything remotely similar.
The starter is definetely not off a 6-63 but probably came off a 6-60 or another solid red model from the same time frame.

Kinda hard to see it in the pic, but it looks like it may be equipped with a Remington roller-nose bar...

It looks a whole lot like a 6-63 that has been slightly "modified": The filler cap sticking out from what I take is the fuel tank is a home-improvement special: no Homelite I know of had anything remotely similar.
The starter is definetely not off a 6-63 but probably came off a 6-60 or another solid red model from the same time frame.

That looks like a match to me. Thanks.

Homelites, like many McCullochs sometimes only the ID tag or stamped model number will properly identify which is what.
With Homelites of that time, the ID plate is on the right side, down by the carb.

Back