Who likes big old Homelite muscle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian,
The P&C from an original EZ may fit. Bore and stroke are the same according to Mike Acres site. Can you get a part # for the 6-30? The numbers I have for the EZ is 55490 and a newer # 56182A

I have two EZs - the first one has the handle covered with the green coating and the top of the cylinder looked like yours - it had some scoring so I replaced it but you can have it it you think you can clean it up - I can send a photo, I think I still have your email address. On the second one, the fins on the cylinder are horizontal clear to the top but the two appear to be interchangeable. This cylinder also fits the 5-20 and maybe the 600D. The two part numbers may relate to the fin configuration.

I'll keep an eye out for one. Cheapchainsaw parts seller on Ebay has had a few of these.

Buzz was kind enough to sent me a free EZ cylinder that fit perfectly well with my 6-63 !!! It had quite some marks but it cleaned up pretty good so I could finish the saw. The orginal piston had a light scoring too with a stuck ring, but I was able to free it without damage.

I had quite some work to get the carb going, but she fired up soon after.

Then noticed the idle going up continuously, so it has an air leak, grrrrrrr. That's what caused the original scoring i guess.

Checked the seal on the clutch side, which looks like a bronze bushing....so, I decided to leave it there for the moment.

Thanks again, Buzz Sawyer :cheers::cheers:

6-63esmall.jpg

muffler.jpg

It's been a good week for me with gear drives for sure. I landed a 9-26 and a Stick Shift. The one runs really well and supposedly so does the other, I guess I will know soon enough. Both appear a little rough but, perhaps it's only because they are so filthy.

A 9-26 and a stick shift? What a coincidence. I missed buying these by just a few days...

this 9-26 was reeeeel nice also. This stick looks like it woulds run too.

It was a little tough to pull over but still a nice unit.

Congrats on your score.

lemry007.jpg

lemry008.jpg

ric

I hate when that happens! They look good!

I've been the one that just missed a deal plenty of times. However, this time it really worked out well for me. Especially after he sweetened the pot by providing anything that may have been missing off the saws, plus an almost new 1/2" chain and bar for the stick shift. I even managed to find the pulley covers and some spares really cheap and some original Oregon Super Tronic roller nose bars new in their sleeves. It's starting to look like a retirement home for big Homelites around here.

I'm glad that worked out for you. Looks like you figured out how to use the expanded metal guard for the exhaust too. Saw looks good!

Video???

Buzz, I can put up a small video but the saw ain't running nice. She starts well but idle goes up fast (leaning out), because of an air leak, probably flywheel side. With this type of cylinder/muffler it's really difficult to perform a vacuum test to find the cause.

I've been the one that just missed a deal plenty of times. However, this time it really worked out well for me. Especially after he sweetened the pot by providing anything that may have been missing off the saws, plus an almost new 1/2" chain and bar for the stick shift. I even managed to find the pulley covers and some spares really cheap and some original Oregon Super Tronic roller nose bars new in their sleeves. It's starting to look like a retirement home for big Homelites around here.

Yes, It is fun shopping at saw mart. When I make the 30 minute drive over there I take my flashlight and hunt for treasures.

I found another GS there last year that was a runner too.

When I saw your saws I told him I had just sold a stuck gs and that you got a smokin deal on that pair.

Here on the west coast those barn finds are like treasure hunts.

Takes some diggin but I got nuthing better to do now with all my Big iron just
sitting out here rusting.

Of my other 2 gs saws I still have I got the nicest one for 20 bucks:)

Watched a canadien 275 sell for 25 bucks a few days ago. It strangely looks just like the one up for auction right now.

homyline008.jpg

homyline009.jpg

Here is my 990 G. Just added a new 9/16 chain on the 60" bar.
kbhandle018.jpg

This is some saws waiting to load for a local tractor show on the 13th.
kbhandle022.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, It is fun shopping at saw mart. When I make the 30 minute drive over there I take my flashlight and hunt for treasures.

I found another GS there last year that was a runner too.

When I saw your saws I told him I had just sold a stuck gs and that you got a smokin deal on that pair.

Here on the west coast those barn finds are like treasure hunts.

Takes some diggin but I got nuthing better to do now with all my Big iron just
sitting out here rusting.

Of my other 2 gs saws I still have I got the nicest one for 20 bucks:)

Watched a canadien 275 sell for 25 bucks a few days ago. It strangely looks just like the one up for auction right now.

I can understand why all those big old saws come out of the wood work in the great PNW. However, I can't quite figure out why so many show up around me locally. Homelite 2000's, 2100's, 1130's, 750's, Mac 125's,.......... all out of barns also. I can only speculate but, it sure is fun finding them. Almost always, they are owned by an old timer that is extremely pleased that you're going to give the old gal some TLC and get her breathing fire once again.

Here is a nice 9-26 i picked up a few weeks ago.
Needed a fuel line a carb kit. Runs like a sweet
kitten. Has a 36 incher with 9/16 chain.

Lee

Homelite9-26003.jpg

Homelite9-26004.jpg

Homelite9-26005.jpg

Homelite9-26006.jpg

Buzz, I can put up a small video but the saw ain't running nice. She starts well but idle goes up fast (leaning out), because of an air leak, probably flywheel side. With this type of cylinder/muffler it's really difficult to perform a vacuum test to find the cause.

Here's how I did my EZ. Remove the "muffler" and file the face of the cylinder extension gently until it's flat with no burrs or raised areas. Do the same at the carb mount or reed valve assembly mount and apply a piece of the real sticky aluminum tape used for furnace ducts - not duct tape. Really press the tape down firmly - use the barrel of a plastic pen or something similar. You may be able to create a clamp for the exhaust side to seal it better.

Create a vacuum adaptor from an old spark plug and apply vac at the spark plug hole - use a rubber gasket instead of the metal one. I don't know that I reached the full recommended vacuum but I think it's close enough to find major leaks. Yes, I know this won't work for a pressure test.

I can understand why all those big old saws come out of the wood work in the great PNW. However, I can't quite figure out why so many show up around me locally. Homelite 2000's, 2100's, 1130's, 750's, Mac 125's,.......... all out of barns also. I can only speculate but, it sure is fun finding them. Almost always, they are owned by an old timer that is extremely pleased that you're going to give the old gal some TLC and get her breathing fire once again.

Well, this was kinda what happened to me again yesterday.. A guy I had meet at the local tractor show I did a display at told me he had some old
2100's taking up space in his garage.. I gave him my number and yesterday he called and said he drug them out for me to look at IF I wanted them.

just the chance to see them was enough reason to lose some rubber on the old 55 pickup getting over there..

Grabbed a buddy to help load and flew right over.. Got there and seen the saws lined up and then he spent another 20 minutes showing me boxes of dismantled saws and NOS parts to fit these..

did not take long before the handshake and the load out operation.

Time is limited right now so we got home and took a few quick pics and
then crated everything up till the rains hit in a few months.

Then it will be study and sort time.. Hope I can make one run:)

ric

2 are Super 2100 and other is 2100S .. also a 1130G and a 923 type saw included.

2100s002.jpg

2100s001.jpg

A few more nice bars in there
2100s004.jpg

about 4 more saws in these boxes..
2100s003.jpg

Sweet!

I had a Zip and a Mono 47 (or a Wards varient thereof) given to me in the past week. Photo's in another thread called something like "Two "new" old saws".

Mark

mark i am thinking of shutting my forum down on this site cause it dont get any traffic so why pay the funds each month if it wont produce sales

yes im hurting cause my sales from AS membership last month was close to nothing when i notice ebay gets all the buyers
you know i have good shipping time and good prices what i dont understand is why no one else wants to order items

i never thought slow business can equal stress on a individual and with it being me it has caused cardiac issues

my cardiologist wont even refill my prescription of rythmol cause i cannot afford to pay them 800.00 cause i dont have no income coming in from my online store which is the only source of income i get in which i dont know what else to do

without that medicine my heart would beat 280 or more beats a minute and i found out they are not a true cardioliogist either

if i could just sell 25 or more of them 511AX chain grinders then i would have what i need
when they come with free shipping

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back