Who still has their 1st saw?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first was a used 041 Farm Boss. It was probably kind of dumb to buy it as a starter saw, but I really didn't know better. I needed to cut railroad ties. I remember being blown away how much damage that saw could do, it pulled like a tractor. Even the wife gave a reverent "wow" when she saw it blowing through those ties. Still have it, but it has been shelved for years. I'm sure it will need a good going through before it makes noise again.

I still have my first, a used 012 that I bought a year or two ago when I bought my wood stove. Not really the saw I learned on, but I hadn't done too terribly much learning before buying this saw, so it can take the role of "Teacher saw"

Here's a top shot.

attachment.php

Mac 15

Bought my first saw, used, Mac 15, at 17 years old. Cleared a 4 acre lot with it! God bless technoligy!!! Still have the saw, still runs, but don't use. Go figure!
VT. Woodchuck

I've heard several people on this site saying they have had saws stolen...How were they stolen, out of your truck, out of your garage, or what? I generally have my garage locked and don't carry them around unless I'm using them...just wondering.

I've heard several people on this site saying they have had saws stolen...How were they stolen, out of your truck, out of your garage, or what? I generally have my garage locked and don't carry them around unless I'm using them...just wondering.

Those saws were stolen off the bucket truck I was working with. About 4 months later, someone kicked in the door to the garage and got another 371XP and a buttload of other tools.

have all i've bought...and the 024 was bought by my pop.

and the 2145 was stolen, recovered (ruined), rebuilt, and put back into service...and even got restitution later.

stolen from shed.

i bought the 2150 while it was gone.

then i found this site, resurrected the 024 and have been acquiring since...

First saw

Hello everyone,

Newbie here i came across this site looking for parts and information on Husqvarna chainsaws. My dad was a logger and in the late 80's he asked me if i would like to have a saw and i said sure. He handed me several boxes and said if i could find enough stuff to put a saw together i could have it. After several days of working on it i came out with a great running 181/281 combo and still have it today. Now its broke and Im looking for parts to get it going again.

Hello everyone,

Newbie here i came across this site looking for parts and information on Husqvarna chainsaws. My dad was a logger and in the late 80's he asked me if i would like to have a saw and i said sure. He handed me several boxes and said if i could find enough stuff to put a saw together i could have it. After several days of working on it i came out with a great running 181/281 combo and still have it today. Now its broke and Im looking for parts to get it going again.

Welcome to AS...Start yourself a thread and get that saw back to running...There are several here that can get you pointed in the right direction...

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the site! I came here looking for a manual for a squashed 440 and ended up staying.

I bought my first saw (on credit) and before the end of the day had run over it with the log shovel, i was sick over it for a week and it took me 3 months to pay it off. and i mean little tiny pieces. wish i had a pic. think it was an early 051.

I bought my first saw (on credit) and before the end of the day had run over it with the log shovel, i was sick over it for a week and it took me 3 months to pay it off. and i mean little tiny pieces. wish i had a pic. think it was an early 051.

PS- admitting that deserves a bunch of rep.:mad::censored:

Mine was stolen from a locked garage, they forced the handle off and lifted the overhead door, they also took tools. I have also had the barn at the same place broken into. I don't live there and plan on selling the place in the spring, after I get the rest of the wood I want out. I keep all my stuff at home now and I have gates, cameras and an alarm system, backed up by an angry man with an AK. I can't afford to replace my stuff but I can afford to protect it.

Don't have my 1st saw, a Mac Eager Beaver. Built the same as a mini mac, and had a manual oiler only. There were times when I thought my thumb was gonna fall off from pumping that oiler in dead hedge. Do still have my second saw, a Homelite 330 that I got about 2 years after the mac, about 1984.

First saws I ever used were some big homelites when I worked at a sawmill after school and weekends. Don't remember the models though, 75-77 era. First saw I bought was a Jonsereds 621 in 1980. Outstanding saw. I't was stolen when my oldest son left it at a freinds house about 9 or 10 years ago. He will pay in the will. LOL.

Maybe the reason mine wasn't broken into was, I don't have much that anybody else would want. I don't have any high dollar chain saws...my most expensive one might be worth $50 if you could find a buyer. My tools aren't the expensive kind but if you add it all up, I guess I should keep it locked up.

first saw was a 254 oly--had only a short time--needed more hp--[tim the tool man] got a 264--stilll have to this day--34 years laterbut a circlip broke--came up side of piston,stuck the rings,and went out the exhaust!!!! not even a shiny spot on the cyl wall!!! love them ghirdini??cyls!!!!!! had a used piston--new rings--runs better than it ever did!!!

First saw was a POulan 3400, new in the late 70's. Still runs great , though I replaced rings last year. Also an Echo 452 VL. Haven't touched saw since new. Starts and runs great.

Back