Wifi Controlled Thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to have wifi and one of those thermostats. I just cant justify paying for an internet connection for our cottage that I only use once every couple weeks or even longer. I was looking into those dial up devices that notify you (call your phone) if the temp goes above or below a certain point, but those require a phone line connection and same type of costs. I guess Im just cheap.:confused:

I have a Honeywell WiFi thermostat. Was the best money I spend. Works great. You can change all your setting from Europe if you need to. I love it.

More Nest issues. Been real warm here last few days so I turned on the floor heat and shut down the stove so I could empty the ashes.

Set it to 68* in the living room and 65 in the bedrooms.
I wake up this morning and it changed itself to 65 and 60.
I changed it back. Just came home for lunch, and it's at 65 and 63, garage is off.

Pisses me off that $1200 worth of "high tech" thermostats can't even do the job of $10 ones.

More Nest issues. Been real warm here last few days so I turned on the floor heat and shut down the stove so I could empty the ashes.

Set it to 68* in the living room and 65 in the bedrooms.
I wake up this morning and it changed itself to 65 and 60.
I changed it back. Just came home for lunch, and it's at 65 and 63, garage is off.

Pisses me off that $1200 worth of "high tech" thermostats can't even do the job of $10 ones.
I swear they get a mind of their own sometimes.

To me a wifi controlled thermostat on wood heating appliances falls in the same category as having a remote control microwave . Useless product that adds unwarranted complication to an otherwise easy system

Latest posts

Back