Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my 1976 K20 (I've posted before, but not with the new front) with 72k original miles - it was an old farm truck. 350 with mild cam (RV cam), SM465 tranny with the NP205 transfer case, 14 bolt FF rear with 4.10 gears...its a work in progress but I'm not out to make it a show truck (only thing left is a rough paint job and spray in bed liner). First priority is it being a work truck, second priority is to clean everything up and prevent cancer - I'd like to hand this down to my son...last of the real trucks IMO from GM. :msp_tongue:

It drives like a tank!

214221d1325263693-dsc_3035-jpg
now that is a truck! That one is really nice. Lots of potential there. I miss my 1 ton 75 GMC I had years ago.

Here is my 1976 K20 (I've posted before, but not with the new front) with 72k original miles - it was an old farm truck. 350 with mild cam (RV cam), SM465 tranny with the NP205 transfer case, 14 bolt FF rear with 4.10 gears...its a work in progress but I'm not out to make it a show truck (only thing left is a rough paint job and spray in bed liner). First priority is it being a work truck, second priority is to clean everything up and prevent cancer - I'd like to hand this down to my son...last of the real trucks IMO from GM. :msp_tongue:

It drives like a tank!

Nice Truck!!!!!!!

Haulers

New one is just a 1 ton GMC with a 12' bed.
Nothing special, 350 with a turbo 400 tranny.

Old one was a 1984 CUCV ton and a quarter army truck.

It drives like a tank!

Where on earth did you find such a shiny grill.. Nice truck..

A set of bags would do wonders, ask me how I know...

Here's my Toy..
DSC05103.jpg

thats nice and all... i guess the bags are taking some stress off the shocks and leafs?
but your truck is still EXTREMELY overloaded. your rear end.. tires.. bearings... everything.
it might not be squatted but youre beating the #### out of that little taco with all that oak

kind of reminds me of the guy with the air shocks - never taking into the account those air shocks are still mounted to the same brackets the other shocks are, and the weight rating did noto increase on his tires, and the rear end is still tiny and has bearings inside it.

airbags are for looks, its still a taco, youre still a couple thousand pounds over the gvwr from the looks of it

Last edited:
As you know the guys across the pond cut their firewood a little longer than we do, but they have some neat old wood haulers:

[video=youtube;WiYdO5VK7IM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiYdO5VK7IM&feature=related[/video]

Ron

Back