Wool Pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just doin my part for the environment :chainsaw:.
.. Where tin clothes come in real handy , at least the waxed double tin pants and logger coat , is if you are in a bad devils club patch ..... they are devils club proof ......... I think the best thing to do with Tin Pants , is to get them about 4 sizes too big , that way even tho they stiffin up you can still move around ...... You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

Just doin my part for the environment :chainsaw:.
.. Where tin clothes come in real handy , at least the waxed double tin pants and logger coat , is if you are in a bad devils club patch ..... they are devils club proof ......... I think the best thing to do with Tin Pants , is to get them about 4 sizes too big , that way even tho they stiffin up you can still move around ...... You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

I bought a pair yesterday. Much to my amazement, they were still the same price! They look so......new.

You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

Then you can sing this song my wife recalled from some show like southpark or something:::

"Its Log,Its Log,
Its round its heavy its wood.

Its Log, Its Log
Its better than bad its good"

wish I could explain the sing song kids tune it goes to.

Last edited:
Rain gear of choice in Alaska for decades is Grundens (Co-Fish are decent knockoffs) followed by Helly Hansen and Guy Cottons.Up here in wet weather you have 2 choices,wet and warm or wet and cold.If its a mostly stand around job,well then you might get dry n warm/cold.
I do my best not to wear any cotton to stay wet and warm.Back in my commercial fishing days,I might swap clothes 3 or 4 times in 20 hrs,hopefully by the time it was time to put change #1 back on it was dry.:cry:
Most wool is great,fleece is great,but fleece isnt that tough and usually not wind proof/resistent,but a fantastic layering material.

ak4195

Back