Wool Pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tramp bushler

tramp bushler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Interior ,Alaska, Copper River Valley,, Coastal Al
Just doin my part for the environment :chainsaw:.
.. Where tin clothes come in real handy , at least the waxed double tin pants and logger coat , is if you are in a bad devils club patch ..... they are devils club proof ......... I think the best thing to do with Tin Pants , is to get them about 4 sizes too big , that way even tho they stiffin up you can still move around ...... You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

slowp
Just doin my part for the environment :chainsaw:.
.. Where tin clothes come in real handy , at least the waxed double tin pants and logger coat , is if you are in a bad devils club patch ..... they are devils club proof ......... I think the best thing to do with Tin Pants , is to get them about 4 sizes too big , that way even tho they stiffin up you can still move around ...... You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

I bought a pair yesterday. Much to my amazement, they were still the same price! They look so......new.

hammerlogging

hammerlogging

Addicted to ArboristSite
You may look like a clown ,, but you probably already do and you just don,t know it !!!!!!:laugh:

Then you can sing this song my wife recalled from some show like southpark or something:::

"Its Log,Its Log,
Its round its heavy its wood.

Its Log, Its Log
Its better than bad its good"

wish I could explain the sing song kids tune it goes to.

Last edited:
ak4195

ak4195

ArboristSite Operative
Rain gear of choice in Alaska for decades is Grundens (Co-Fish are decent knockoffs) followed by Helly Hansen and Guy Cottons.Up here in wet weather you have 2 choices,wet and warm or wet and cold.If its a mostly stand around job,well then you might get dry n warm/cold.
I do my best not to wear any cotton to stay wet and warm.Back in my commercial fishing days,I might swap clothes 3 or 4 times in 20 hrs,hopefully by the time it was time to put change #1 back on it was dry.:cry:
Most wool is great,fleece is great,but fleece isnt that tough and usually not wind proof/resistent,but a fantastic layering material.

ak4195

Latest posts