worst saw ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drink much Stihl Kool-aid?

Looking at your signature have you bought any saws since 1989? Pretty narrow minded to dog on a brand that owns MAC

As opposed to the Husqvarna Kool-aid? From what I've read in your posts and about you, you sound like a good man Moody, but there are many other good saws available, we don't all have to believe that Husky's are God's gift to modern society.

As opposed to the Husqvarna Kool-aid? From what I've read in your posts and about you, you sound like a good man Moody, but there are many other good saws available, we don't all have to believe that Husky's are God's gift to modern society.

I know but to say something like a whole brand has been bad for 24 years is a little harsh. I'll agree they've made some doozies. My comment probably came off a bit harsh but even though I hate some brands I don't dog them. I guess my point was is there a legitimate reason the entire brand is the worst since 1989 or just one model that led him to think this?

Since most of you have probably seen Brad's pix of his gorgeous :heart: Homelite taken on the kitchen counter, I just thought it would be fitting to post a pic of a favorite crappy saw in its appropriate place:

I know but to say something like a whole brand has been bad for 24 years is a little harsh. I'll agree they've made some doozies. My comment probably came off a bit harsh but even though I hate some brands I don't dog them. I guess my point was is there a legitimate reason the entire brand is the worst since 1989 or just one model that led him to think this?
I agree that that was a blanket statement and not true, but I've seen you write about the "Stihl Kool-Aid" the last couple of days and just thought I send out a little dig, no disrespect intended or taken. There is a fair amount Kool-Aid being peddled for both Stihl & Husky.:cheers:

the McCullah eager beaver top handle... my best friends dad bought it for $99 at home depot (i think) when we were about 10 years old. we were his helpers for the day, we watched him gas it up for the first time. and then yank the pull start rope clear off on the third pull! once he took it apart and fixed the pull rope, he got it running. 10 minutes later the MANUAL bar oiler lever (which i think is made from a coke can) snapped off. he threw it in the trash and went out and bought a echo top handle.

I agree that that was a blanket statement and not true, but I've seen you write about the "Stihl Kool-Aid" the last couple of days and just thought I send out a little dig, no disrespect intended or taken. There is a fair amount Kool-Aid being peddled for both Stihl & Husky.:cheers:

There's tons of kool-aid :laugh: I've had good luck with Husqvarna but I own a saw of about every major brand. I secretly have always had a want to have an 026:msp_wub:just can't seem to find any around here.

Stihl 031
Cheapy Chinese saws
Homelite top handles

I had an 031 once upon a time, it may not have been the worst but i hated it more than any saw I've owned before or since. Didn't run worth a damn but it flew pretty good, I grabbed it buy the rope and spun around a couple times and let it fly down the mountain , boy was I glad to see it go. Never went to find out where it wound up. I have one thats a good runner now though.

As far as saws that I owned, hands down the homelite 410 was/is the biggest pile I have had. The XL12 followed a close second as far as a production saw. The 12 always ran it just was not a 8 hour a day saw. The 410 was as reliable as a bic in a windstorm, when it ran it was not very impressive. I will not comment on saws that I have not had first hand experience with. CJ

Since most of you have probably seen Brad's pix of his gorgeous :heart: Homelite taken on the kitchen counter, I just thought it would be fitting to post a pic of a favorite crappy saw in its appropriate place:

Do you normally keep a saw in the bathroom or did you carry it in there for just the picture? :msp_biggrin: Could you imagine the wife walking in seeing you taking pictures of a saw on the toilet? :msp_wub:

It has to be the Stihl 029 Family, as the massive marketing of those sub-standard saws messed up the US market worse than anything else! :msp_wink:

It has to be the Stihl 029 Family, as the massive marketing of those sub-standard saws messed up the US market worse than anything else! :msp_wink:

Hahaha there it is! Awesome.

I AM sick of that saw. Though reliable and good bang for the buck, I'm just sick of them.

Latest posts

Back