Yet another woodshed thread!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am just finishing up my woodshed build. 24' x 6', back is 6'6", front is 8'. Should hold 6 cords with three 20" rows 6'6" high. The plan is to empty it every October-November to burn, and re-fill it right away for the next season. Ended up costing approx. $600 total.

Roof is papered, still have to apply the drip edge and shingles.

The flooring I got for free. Old mahogany deck boards. Cross braces will come off.

I've got several cords of logs I need to buck and split so I can fill it.

I have my 6 cords stacked in another area for this season. I will be bringing it in the cellar soon.

Deleted member 117362
D

Deleted member 117362

Or just brace corners top and bottom to stop any front to back, wind racking. That is a great design, NICE.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Looks very nice. I have been contemplating building a wood structure like yours or go with a metal carport. A wood structure I can build myself. Metal carports are priced with installation included so no need to build anything.
After pricing materials vs. a metal carport is about the same. There are pro's and con's to both I guess.
Your shed looks go though. I like it.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
I will be using architectural shingles of the dark brown variety. Its about a 3/12 pitch, which is the lowest I would use shingles on, and most shingle manufacturers wont warranty anything less than a 3/12.

Latest posts