You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bullt a fire this morning, but I dont think it really counts. I had been cleaning up my shop and my barrel stove was full of old boxes and trash. I was actually running around in shorts and tshirt. Have to admit, out side temps where in the mid 40's and that little trash fire did feel good while it lasted.

It's been mild here in Ohio this fall. We did actually let the heat pump run for the first time last night. I have burned a few shed fires while sharpening chains and such in the evenings. Keeps the boys occupied cooking fresh shed eggs from the coop out back too. Last week we even went gourmet with a maple cured can of beans lol.
IMG_3094.JPG
P.S. Don't show my insurance man this photo. It might be a wee bit out of code.

38 out last night in northeast ohio. Haven't winterized the house yet or cleaned the chimney. Toke the ac out and closed the windows. Put the pipe back together and fired up the defiant. Gotta tuck point the chimney this weekend and put a new crown on. 1476155376581-1695616387.jpg

That's what I did yesterday as well took the ac out of the window, and still got to clean the chimney and close up all the crawl space vents. It hasn't been cold yet but I have burnt a few handfuls of limbs that have blew out in the yard in the last couple of weeks.

Low in the mid 30's last night. Had a fire going in the fireplace the last 2 nights. Trying to hold off firing up the owb as long as possible but if the house isn't getting out of the 60's, I may hear her start to whine.

My wife dont whine, she just turns up the thermostat until I fire up the stove.
I haven't had oil in the tank for 5 years now or know if the regular heater works so she can turn up the thermostat all she wants and she will just get cold air blowing out of the vents.

Been burning 24/7 since last week. Highs in the 40s, lows in the teens/low 20s.

Diesel pretty cheap right now. Bought 400 gals at $880. Should last me till mid-winter, my stuff is pretty good on fuel. Even my 25 ton 10 wheeler gets 7-8mpg.

Freezing temps the last few days. I'm splitting to burn til possibly Nov. My stack for the winter is in place, and not to be touched until the first snow that sticks to the ground. I got 6+ cords of good well seasoned wood to carry me thru a long hard winter.

Supposed to be 36 here tonight. Ill start a stove early and get some heat built up in the house then let it die. The house holds heat pretty good since I went around and closed some holes up.

We were supposed to get a hard freeze last night but the clouds kept the temps in the upper 30's to lower 40's. It was cool in the house so we got a fire going to take the chill out. Fire may be allowed to die later this morning. Beautiful sunny day, good weather to clean up the garden.

I have found that when the weather gets cold, the wife cooks big meals. Her cooking heats up the house enough to last all night. Been eating apple and peach pie all week. Works pretty good until it turns cold and stays cold, then I'm down to soup and chili with cornbread.

Latest posts

Back