You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Been heating the shop here and there for a couple weeks, but Thursday was the first fire in my house stove this year.
Supposed to get down to 30* tonight.

Not this year. It was 89 degrees yesterday and has been in the upper 80's low 90's for the past month with ridiculous humidity. Today is the first relief we've had it was a low of 65 this morning. It hasn't been getting much below 80 even at night. Of course it's not unusual for me to have a fire in mid September. I don't see it happening this year.

Sheez, haven't seen 80* here in nearly 2 months! The next good windstorm will have the trees bare. Looks like this right now.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...57&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=E

Should get the first snow in about a month. It'll melt off, but usually it's cold enough it stays for Holloween.

Can't say I really like 7 months of winter (oct-apr) but I really don't like 80*, never mine anything hotter! (Unless it's cause I've pulled the chair up to the woodstove and it's -40* outside!)

Last weekend....

a147da7aad7bc02f7304509a0dbd31b6.jpg

Sheez, haven't seen 80* here in nearly 2 months! The next good windstorm will have the trees bare. Looks like this right now.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...57&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=E

Should get the first snow in about a month. It'll melt off, but usually it's cold enough it stays for Holloween.

Can't say I really like 7 months of winter (oct-apr) but I really don't like 80*, never mine anything hotter! (Unless it's cause I've pulled the chair up to the woodstove and it's -40* outside!)
Ah summit lake, very nice always liked that area.

Put the fire on before I went to bed last night, just to take the chill out of the house when we get up (for the wife not me). Good chance that's the last for the season............... Time for the Northern hemisphere wood burners to take over

You wouldn't like it here. I posted up on here last year when you guys were in the depths of winter I had one day were I cycled into work it ended up being a scorcher. Stayed at work until 7pm, by that time it had cooled down to 108°F (in the shade) before I rode home. Was even hotter with the heat coming off the black road!

Jeff

We just turned the air conditioning off this weekend and opened up the windows. The humidity has been killer the past couple of weeks. Finally seeing lows in the 50's at night. Hopefully won't have to turn the heater on in the shop for another 2 months.

Freekin 90s here and the barn cats are already growing winter fur!

No fire yet, usually we start having occasional ones end of september/early october. You never know around here, we have picked tomatoes on Christmas day before, and one year had six inches of snow then.

95 on Saturday with a few days in the low to mid 80's then low 90's again mid week. Been too hot even for an outdoor fire.

It's kind of a pain this time of year, might be 50* one day with it in the 30s at night and the next day it's 65* and 50* at night. Either end up being cold or sweating.

Latest posts

Back