Your "Special" saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your absolutely right; it's fun to pull out the old stuff and get some trigger time with them.

So, if we're talking favorite older saw; it would be one of my Jonsered 49SP's. I run them frequently, and they really don't even feel like old saws.
So maybe I should have picked up the 49sp I seen the other day:confused:

Love running both my 066 and 039, but for the size of most the wood i cut the walkerized 039 with a 3 port muffler is just a thing of beauty.
I put the 36" bar on it the other day just playing around and it pulled it pretty deceant but it didn't put out enough bar oil for my liking:chainsaw:

440 with a mild porting and 28" is i think about the best saw ive ever layed my hands on

440s are good saws around here. Very manly. I did not want guys coveting my saws. So, I put Barbie stickers and lots of bling rhinestones on the saws to make them girly. As you know, what with all the references to girlies, panties, etc. anything girly is bad. .

Looks like Slowp has invented the best anti-theft method for saws, and cheap as well.... ;)

So what are you guys waiting for...:hmm3grin2orange:

This one.
fits me perfect,little and lightweight like me.
Cuts almost an inch a second in 12in red oak.
only 40cc and great on gas..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxvi7zS9OAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxvi7zS9OAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This one.
fits me perfect,little and lightweight like me.
Cuts almost an inch a second in 12in red oak.
only 40cc and great on gas..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxvi7zS9OAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxvi7zS9OAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

How's it goin Ron?

I sold my little Ryobi, along with several others, heck I needed the money more than I needed all them saws.

I don't know what it is but I've got more dang saws right now than I've ever had. :dizzy:

How's it goin Ron?

I sold my little Ryobi, along with several others, heck I needed the money more than I needed all them saws.

I don't know what it is but I've got more dang saws right now than I've ever had. :dizzy:

Going fine Randy,thank you.
I have been trying to downsize but like with you,the dadburned things keep just appearing out of nowhere !!!
:)
Jerry,just paint the trees on the top of the saws pink :)

Me too. I have to say, the weight does'nt bother you after awhile and it makes felling so fast. You can take your time and make sure everythings right and still make good time with a 660. I am sending mine to a guy on here to have it worked over really good. I will have to figure out how to post vids when I get it back. :cheers:

Me too. I have to say, the weight does'nt bother you after awhile and it makes felling so fast. You can take your time and make sure everythings right and still make good time with a 660. I am sending mine to a guy on here to have it worked over really good. I will have to figure out how to post vids when I get it back. :cheers:

Good deal! Yeah, she's also my first love. I have a d.p. muffler due tomorrow. That's about all I'm gonna do yo her. So strong just stock ya know?

Well now, I just got home from work and found a neighbors tree had fallen across my fence in today's storm. Before any stock could get out (or in) I had to cut it off.
I have perhaps 25 saws ready to go but it was the old 026 I grabbed.

Seems funny as I have so many big saws but it was the little 026 that I chose. That's it for me.

Al

Same answer as all the other threads like this. MS460, I've ran and owned alot of saws and the 460 is just perfect for me.:cheers:

Many of my saws are "special" to me.
The 3400 Poulan "Ugly Bastard" was the first saw I built totally from scrap parts and the first saw I ported, so it is special.
I sold it once to a friend and regretted it every day.
When he decided to upgrade, it came back home to stay!
The 056 Super was willed to me by a GREAT friend who died of cancer.
That saw will ALWAYS have a home.
The 7901 that I made from a 6401 is pretty dear to my heart.
Before I got that saw I thought an 041 was a big saw!
My 6400 is a great saw. I call it "The Surpriser".

But the saw that I never go to cut without anymore is the Makita DCS401 that I ported.
It is light, powerful, easy to start and will run forever on a gallon of mix.
My "go to" saw for everything up to 12"!

Mike

Latest posts

Back