Stihl 015R?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikeholt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently came across a little Stihl that seems to be marked 015R. Mike Acres site doesn't list an 015R. Does anyone have one of these? Maybe I can't read German.

Tom

I have a Stihl 015R!

I recently came across a little Stihl that seems to be marked 015R. Mike Acres site doesn't list an 015R. Does anyone have one of these? Maybe I can't read German.

Tom

I bought a Stihl 015R w/14" bar and case probably in the late 70's or early 80's and still have it today (although I am getting ready to sell it). I bought it to use for pruning in my orchard due to it's lite weight and ease of use. For those reasons it was very popular with orchardists and arborists. It's been a great little saw and is still in great shape. The only problem I ever had was the on/off switch sometimes didn't work so I would just choke it to stop it (NO BIG DEAL REALLY). I thought I might still have the owner's manual but couldn't find it. If you have more questions/comments you can reach me at [email protected]

I was searching thru old threads and ran across this one.
My next Stihl project saw is a 015R.
I've had this saw a year or so.
Here are some pics from just after I got it.
uploadfromtaptalk1425637494036.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1425637505517.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1425637513907.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1425637522294.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1425637528705.jpeg

Found this thread on Google. I was looking for info on the 015R
Have one kicking around the shop, we use it for cutting branches and boards that are too long to fit in the stove.

Stihl lists it as a valid model, though Google search doesn't bring up much about it.

I was mostly curious on the year they were made, etc.

Back