Another bucking discovery...maybe.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After doing some work to get trees on the ground, it was time to do works of kindness and beauty. I found a Silver Fir down across a road. It had come down the hill with an avalanche during the winter. I pondered it, decided it would move straight down if it moved, cleared an escape route of rocks and branches, and put Twinkle to work. I cut deep wedge shaped pieces out of the topside, then came up from the bottom for the final cut. Had to use the wiggle-wobble maneuver on one cut and it worked again. Here's the tree pictures.

attachment.php

The top of the tree was covered with dirt from being in the slide/avalanche. Twinkle's chain will need filing.
attachment.php

Now for the important discovery. There was a lot of pitch getting thrown around. I had a sticky spot on my chin. Since we're having a heat wave, I popped open a diet pepsi. The road is very very bumpy. So, hit a bump, pepsi went on chin. I noticed the pitch was gone. I'll have to do further experiments before this claim will be valid.

Guy I know who's a sports doctor [works with marathon athletes, that sort of level], swears that the carbonic acid in soft drinks [he specifically spoke of C. and P. brands] will dissolve the outer layer of enamel from a human tooth if you were to drop the tooth into a glass of it and let it stand a while. If that's true, tree sap is probably no challenge [say, maybe next time I clean the chainsaw...].

Guy I know who's a sports doctor [works with marathon athletes, that sort of level], swears that the carbonic acid in soft drinks [he specifically spoke of C. and P. brands] will dissolve the outer layer of enamel from a human tooth if you were to drop the tooth into a glass of it and let it stand a while. If that's true, tree sap is probably no challenge [say, maybe next time I clean the chainsaw...].

Carbonic acid exists in small quantities in the air we breathe. Phosphoric acid is listed as part of cola drinks. Phosphorus is a bone/enamel mineralization component, fwiw....

That and $1.15 will buy me 2 liters of Coke®......wish my car ran on that cr@p.

Plenty of research that shows the damage done to children's bones from the phosphorous in junk food drinks.. it upsets the balance of calcium and phosphorous...

Don't get me started on the hi-fructose corn syrup...

Beer is much better for you.:cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
Plenty of research that shows the damage done to children's bones from the phospherous in junk food drinks.. it upsets the balance of calcium and phosphorous...

I remember I was watching news one night a few months ago and it was about drinking a beer after doing hard work or running 10k, The dietitian said one beer is better for you than drinking gator aid! So I figure since it was on the news it has to be true! So if one is good six is better:monkey:

Plenty of research that shows the damage done to children's bones from the phospherous in junk food drinks.. it upsets the balance of calcium and phosphorous...

Oh My Goodness ! If that were only true ! Well, I'll keep up the beer experiment, some one has to ! :monkey:

Oh, and I see that someone here says hops is veggies ! I must be way over my daily intake of them by now ! :cheers:

(I'm to healthy for my shirt !), so healthy by far !:dizzy:

I can attest to that. I have had 5 grand worth of dental work done in the last 2 years because of soda. It includes 2 crowns (1 was a root canal) and about 15 fillings. That doesn't count the 4 fillings I had done 4 years ago either.

I knew there was something I liked about this guy. :)

Coke works great to clean the mineralization off of a windshield. Pour it on a wash cloth and rub it on for several minutes and then wash as usual. Your windshield will be much cleaner esp where the wipers miss.

Never waste beer this way.

I can attest to that. I have had 5 grand worth of dental work done in the last 2 years because of soda. It includes 2 crowns (1 was a root canal) and about 15 fillings. That doesn't count the 4 fillings I had done 4 years ago either.
You can cut the acid in Coke by mixing it with Rum or Whiskey
Or at least that is my theory and I am sticking to it!

You can cut the acid in Coke by mixing it with Rum or Whiskey
Or at least that is my theory and I am sticking to it!

Or better yet, not have any. I haven't had a soda since October 2nd 2006. I do drink coffee and tea/iced tea every now and then.

Or better yet, not have any. I haven't had a soda since October 2nd 2006. I do drink coffee and tea/iced tea every now and then.
Iced tea and white rum go good together.I am not a big pop drinker (pop is Canadian for soda) my weakness is Slurpee's from 7/11 but only during summer.

Spot on!

I can count on one hand the number of pops I consume in a year....and diet--in my lifetime....aspartame, for one, is poison.....imo.

water is most important, pure water.. with, of course, lots of electrolytes when it's warm....most sports drinks are lousy....not enuf of the good stuff, and too much of the corn syrup crap.

The most inexpensive electrolyte is a mix, comes in 5 1 gallon dry packets, for under $5...made by Alacer...the outfit that also sells "Emergen-C" packets.
Why I've bought none of this mix in years is beyond me....I have a cramping problem that has developed in the last few years....

Cytomax, I hear, is a very good product....

I can speak a little Canadian, eh! :givebeer: :cheers: :givebeer:
lol All my American friends call it a soda, Roof, ruff, creek, crick, colour, color and so on.
But the worst for me I was in England at the airport and needed to take a leak what the hell is a WC, a water closet or can or washroom?
This thread sure has got off topic sorry slope!

Last edited:
lol All my American friends call it a soda, Roof, ruff, creek, crick, colour, color and so on.
But the worst for me I was in England at the airport and needed to take a leak what the hell is a WC, a water closet or can or washroom?
This thread sure has got off topic sorry slope!

Carbonated soft drinks were originally called soda pop. I call it "pop" also.

Here's a new smiley we'll give slowp: :arg:

My doctor told me one beer a day was good for you, but he also said I could'nt go home and drink 30 thinking it would last me a month LOL

Iced tea and white rum go good together.I am not a big pop drinker (pop is Canadian for soda) my weakness is Slurpee's from 7/11 but only during summer.

Don't know if it's Canadian or not but it sure is midwestern (origianlly from Chicago) and even shows up here in N.C. As far as I'm concerned, soda goes with your scotch! I also have used Coke (pop) to clean a windshield. Don't know what it does to your paint job or the rubber on the wipers but it does get the job done. Flys love it if you don't rinse it off.

Back