Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One difference I've noticed between the Skil models and Partners is that the Skil's have that wide foot plate on the real handle. That mystery saw has the wide bottom plate. My Skil has slightly different choke & kill switches from the Partners as well.

Saw a 44xxx but not on the coil side,the coil is bolted to the cyl.
the numbers were on the other side.
so whats that make it ??

Well the 44 makes it a 44mm, this is standard 55cc saw size cylinder not a 1646!!! I think that cover is a replacement. I'm sure you have a older R17 saw. Grand dad to the P55. Great saws in all.
So do you have points or the Ignitron two part coil?
P series have pro features like rim sprockets/adjustable oilers etc.
most cylinders with numbers on clutch side are older R series but any 50mm or less cylinders all interchange, swap on to any small case (almost)

I'm thinkin R17 55cc 44mm early mid 70's, most likely had metal yellow color OEM. I perfer these older cylinders, they seem to have more power and can really take some melted pistons and be ok.
All this may be wrong as its a Partner!!!! but 44mm=55cc 1646=65cc (48mm)

1646 correction

Well the 44 makes it a 44mm, this is standard 55cc saw size cylinder not a 1646!!! I think that cover is a replacement. I'm sure you have a older R17 saw. Grand dad to the P55. Great saws in all.
So do you have points or the Ignitron two part coil?
P series have pro features like rim sprockets/adjustable oilers etc.
most cylinders with numbers on clutch side are older R series but any 50mm or less cylinders all interchange, swap on to any small case (almost)

I'm thinkin R17 55cc 44mm early mid 70's, most likely had metal yellow color OEM. I perfer these older cylinders, they seem to have more power and can really take some melted pistons and be ok.
All this may be wrong as its a Partner!!!! but 44mm=55cc 1646=65cc (48mm)

Well ok, I shoulda kept my mouth shut!! That 44 on the cylinder is most likely a 44mm "BUT" I have two partner cylinder that do not play to that rule, one is marked 44**** but is a 48mm, the other is a 48**** but is a 50mm, these are only two out of the 10 I have that are incorrect.
Now the other news is my Jonsered/Partner 2083 cylinder is marked 52**** but is 54mm same for my poulan 505 is 54mm marked 52***

So I'd put it at about 70% its a r17 55cc, just runner they all have lots of low end torque.

MY BAD!!!!!

Well ok, I shoulda kept my mouth shut!! That 44 on the cylinder is most likely a 44mm "BUT" I have two partner cylinder that do not play to that rule, one is marked 44**** but is a 48mm, the other is a 48**** but is a 50mm, these are only two out of the 10 I have that are incorrect.
Now the other news is my Jonsered/Partner 2083 cylinder is marked 52**** but is 54mm same for my poulan 505 is 54mm marked 52***

So I'd put it at about 70% its a r17 55cc, just runner they all have lots of low end torque.

MY BAD!!!!!

I'll pull the muffler later today and measure it.
as much as that saw weighs it should be 70cc !!

200238d1316779636-mvc-180f-jpg

Just an FYI, this may be old news to some. When I see a saw like the one above, I'd assume somebody tried painting it black. That somebody was Partner. Their black saws Farmers and black 500's were actually yellow underneath. Not all of them, but a good amount.

200238d1316779636-mvc-180f-jpg

Just an FYI, this may be old news to some. When I see a saw like the one above, I'd assume somebody tried painting it black. That somebody was Partner. Their black saws Farmers and black 500's were actually yellow underneath. Not all of them, but a good amount.

Was gonna say i checked out that black paint,it aint like nuthin i seen before !!
that stuff is ON there !!

That old Partner will cut fine, black paint or yellow!

I have an old R420T that I have been playing around with and I gave it a good run yesterday. It has a 650 cover but underneath has the old closed port 65cc jug and heavy clutch set up. It is beat up but cuts like a modern saw.

P1010899.jpg

P1010894-1.jpg

Al.

Color doesn't matter

That old Partner will cut fine, black paint or yellow!

I have an old R420T that I have been playing around with and I gave it a good run yesterday. It has a 650 cover but underneath has the old closed port 65cc jug and heavy clutch set up. It is beat up but cuts like a modern saw.

P1010899.jpg

P1010894-1.jpg

Al.

Your right color means nothing, it'll cut great, USER!!!!

Nice saw, seen your others in a Poulan thread.

I just spent all day cutting with my P70 and 1632 making adjustments. Went to put a carb kit in P70 when done and found out it had a Walbro Ws18 on it instead of a Tilotson HS174 like all my other Partners.
Anyone have suggestions on Carbs, I have lots of good Hs174's and kits for them just wondering wich carb is better, Walbro or Tilly.

Also I am using a Canada model muffler with holes in front on left side, not welded, I removed baffle/divider plate and opened holes up to 1/4", and cut middle of inlet tube thing!!! WOW saw idled high, rev'ed quicker, sounded great, I richened it up and again WOW totally different saw. It had a bad bog before now its all gone. Just passin it on.

I just spent all day cutting with my P70 and 1632 making adjustments. Went to put a carb kit in P70 when done and found out it had a Walbro Ws18 on it instead of a Tilotson HS174 like all my other Partners.
Anyone have suggestions on Carbs, I have lots of good Hs174's and kits for them just wondering wich carb is better, Walbro or Tilly.

Also I am using a Canada model muffler with holes in front on left side, not welded, I removed baffle/divider plate and opened holes up to 1/4", and cut middle of inlet tube thing!!! WOW saw idled high, rev'ed quicker, sounded great, I richened it up and again WOW totally different saw. It had a bad bog before now its all gone. Just passin it on.

I think my 7000+ also has a WS on it if I remember right. It seems to be fine but a good HS is hard to beat as well.

Partner Carbs

My 7000+ also has the Walbro WS Carb and both S65s have Walbro WJ carbs. They run great!!

7000+ or a P70 ?

Ok so now since I have a different carb on it I'm wondering if a have a 70 or a 7000+, I have had it apart and put rings in it. I noticed the cylinder was closed port, had slight dome piston and T slot. Also the oem muffler was slightly different it had holes top and bottom as viewed through exguast port inlet. (cylinder side), with slight larger opening than my F65's
My cover says P70 but it looks in worst shape compared to the rest of the saw.
Still thinkin wich carb to use I can't see any size difference but the Tilly Hs was used all the way to P100's ?

MY BAD!!!!!

I gave it another quick lok today moving it around.
on the cyl clutch side is 44ZN3 W11
if that helps at all ??

Intermittent chain motion

Hi all,

Recently,I successfully replaced/repaired the start/stop switch in my 5000+. Thanks to Arrowhead for the quick tutorial. Small victory!

I'm hoping for a little more help if you don't mind. The motor seems to run well but now I am experiencing an issue with the chain. It will rotate and then stop and start again. I'm not sure where I should begin in order to assess the problem.

Any suggestions to get me started?

Thanks!

5000+ chain issue

Howdy,

Thanks to Arrowhead for help with my start/stop switch. A small victory!

The saw is running but the chain is intermittent. It will run and then stop and start again. I could use some suggestions for a starting point for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

R17

I gave it another quick lok today moving it around.
on the cyl clutch side is 44ZN3 W11
if that helps at all ??

Yes I'd say its a R17, going by the cylinder. 55cc closed port dual divided ports. The rest is ? Partner made some all black farmer saws too. But Id say it was a metal top all yellow R17 way back when. Great saws. Those cylinders make WAY more power than newer P/S/F series open port cylinders. I have a Skilsaw 1632 with that cylinder and its way outta its 55cc class!!! My F55 is not half as powerful, my F65 isn't any faster.

USE IT, there great saws,

Make sure to change the fuel line, and check throttle shaft for play! (common issue overlooked)

The Tale of Two Farmers

Just unboxed these fine beauties!!!! Thanks T-Bone (did some saw swapping via Swap Meet, very happy)

A f65 and a F55. Both are complete and have bad AV handle mounts.

F55 is a runner, fired up with new fuel line and fuel. And changed mount.

F65 had water/oil in it, cylinder is fine as is piston but the crank bearings are rusty, Haven't decided its fate yet.

View attachment 200978View attachment 200979View attachment 200980View attachment 200981View attachment 200982

These last two pics are of the F55 after cleaning, inspection and 1/2 hour of wood cutting. Pictured with a very worn out OEM Partner stamped! 18" bar and chain.

2051 is it a Partner design/Origin saw?

So is this 2051 a Partner Origin saw or not? Seems its a Partner design but no Partner saw line with it. It's not a Elux/Husky line I know this already. So did Partner design it but abandon it, or sell it over the isle at the plant to Jonsered.

I've been over everything about these saws but its all not clear. They are a Hybrid Hot Rodded small pro saw, using a uncoventional three peice case/cylinder.

This saw wears a 2055 starter cover but is a true 2051. I need to know if I can include this 2051 in the Partner threads or not, does it belong with Partners. I believe they are Partner saws that for some reason they did not make, so let the corrections begin!!!

Is the s65 a desirable saw?

Bryan, the S65 is a great saw and will go for ever. Really easy to work on and will surprise you with its modern perfomance. Nearly always need to change out the fuel line but that is an easy fix. I say grab it!

I have three variations, a S65, a 650 and an R420T.

P1040856.jpg

P2270631.jpg

P1010900.jpg

Al.

Latest posts

Back