No Fire Last Night or Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howard270

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Temperature was 83 degrees yesterday afternoon so I let the fire go out in my insert. I have been burning constantly since we got back from the hospital after the baby was born on December 15, 2011.

Low for last night was forecasted to be around 50, but it dropped to 40 degrees. Woke up and the house was at 72 at the thermostat in the hall and 75 in the living room where the insert is located. I know this sounds warm, but we have been keeping the hall thermostat temps around 75 with the baby and the living room around 80.

High today is supposed to be 85 with lows in the upper 50's tonight. Highs near 80 and lows near 50 for the rest of the week as well.

Has anyone else let their round the clock fire burn out or are you keeping it smoldering, just in case?

Temperature was 83 degrees yesterday afternoon so I let the fire go out in my insert. I have been burning constantly since we got back from the hospital after the baby was born on December 15, 2011.

Low for last night was forecasted to be around 50, but it dropped to 40 degrees. Woke up and the house was at 72 at the thermostat in the hall and 75 in the living room where the insert is located. I know this sounds warm, but we have been keeping the hall thermostat temps around 75 with the baby and the living room around 80.

High today is supposed to be 85 with lows in the upper 50's tonight. Highs near 80 and lows near 50 for the rest of the week as well.

Has anyone else let their round the clock fire burn out or are you keeping it smoldering, just in case?

Let er' go out yesterday, but had to give it a quick Cedar burn this morning... Probably didn't have to, but it's nice to take the chill off... I'm sure it didn't stay going after I left... Sat around a fire last night on the back deck and looked at the stars... Spring has sprung???

Let er' go out yesterday, but had to give it a quick Cedar burn this morning... Probably didn't have to, but it's nice to take the chill off... I'm sure it didn't stay going after I left... Sat around a fire last night on the back deck and looked at the stars... Spring has sprung???

I too had a fire in the fire pit going all yesterday evening and into the night. It was too nice to be sitting inside so we took the baby outside and burned the limbs I trimmed up last fall. Had a nice little fire going, watching the horses graze and teh dogs play and enjoying the fresh air. :rock:

Thirteen days into this month, and have had only two small fires since the first. And even then they were small ones, just enough to warm the place up in the evenings. Spring is way to early this year for my liking.....makes a guy wonder what we are in for this summer.

My mother is coming for a visit in early June, and I told her dont worry about the heat, its not bad until July. Now I am starting to wonder if I lied to her....

Thirteen days into this month, and have had only two small fires since the first. And even then they were small ones, just enough to warm the place up in the evenings. Spring is way to early this year for my liking.....makes a guy wonder what we are in for this summer.

My mother is coming for a visit in early June, and I told her dont worry about the heat, its not bad until July. Now I am starting to wonder if I lied to her....

Cool and wet I hope... Can't take any more 115 degree days...
:after_boom:

We've been doing just small morning and evening fires for the last week or so. Today no morning fire and the house is steady at around 68. Not balmy but it doesn't take long to get the house too warm for our liking. If the house gets above 73 it's pretty warm and a little uncomfortable.

I agree though, I'm crossing my fingers for a cool summer. I cut wood all summer last year in the high 90's and I don't like doing that at all. Sucks.

Plus I HATE turning on the AC. Depressing to watch the electric bill climb up to $100 as soon as you turn it on.

True... Now imagine cutting in this...

attachment.php

Last year was brutal...

Summer 2011 heat wave just plain sucked.

Here is a 5 day forecast for Altus, OK from my Iphone from last summer. I snapped a picture of the screen while I had it on there and thought I should save it for future references as to how blamed hot it was.

attachment.php

View attachment 228699

Keepin' it going in the Heatmor 200. It really don't smoke that much and when the water to air exchanger isn't taking any off, the hot water tank gets hotter than the hickory hubs of hell. I just love a hot shower and it's a good time to sanitize the dishwasher and washing machine. Winter isn't over, yet. We had a 7 inch blizzard on 26March2005.

Reputation sent for Howard 270 (and for little Howard .270).

I let the fire go out day before yesterday. Set the thermostat for the propane furnace at 68 and it has only kicked in once or twice. We have a couple of the grandkids and a niece staying with us for a few days. They're sleeping in the loft so last night, before bed, I lit the stove and put a couple of logs on to keep it from getting get too cool or damp. This morning they said it was so hot in the night that they moved into the spare bedroom so they could close the door and open the window! On the downside we only started collecting maple sap a few days ago and now the run has stopped as it isn't below freezing at night! I hope this isn't the end of it, we have only collected less than a quarter of the usual amount.

Went to bed last night and thought oh sh*t forgot to fill stove then rolled over and fell asleep, had a 1/2 box in morning "spring has sprung....maybe"

That looked like some serious summer temps. One good thing about being old, if our temps got that high last summer, I don't rember it.

Sure can't complain about this weather. With the lack of snow in the area, many won't have to suffer with all the floods and some will have extra wood for next fall. Talking 70's for the rest of the week. The woods will dry up and we'll be back in the woods again. Gott'a love it..

Still haven't re-lit the fire. Set the thermostat for the propane central furnace on 73 last night and it kicked on 3 times that I know of. Calling for 80 today with a low of 60 tonight and a high of 79 tomorrow.

I better start getting the garden spot ready.

We are having The Winter of March just like last year. It snowed off and on all day yesterday. Last year was the year without a summer. We shall see how this year goes. Everything was late, and the huckleberries had no flavor.

It seems that the jet stream takes a wow around Idaho or Montana so everybody else is getting summery days.

Yup... haven't lit a fire in a couple days now. Haven't needed it. If the forecast pans out we probably won't need it at all this week.

We're hoping the warm, dry weather holds out... have still got a couple smallish maples to get loaded out of the woods. It's been wet lately and my paths are still pigged up.

Have the furnace thermostat set at 73 in the hallway, (I know this is quite warm, but we got the 3 month old baby in the room next to the thermostat) and the furnace kicked on 3 times Tuesday night and twice last night. I think I will relight the fire this evening and just let it burn out during the night, I hate to pay for propane and electricity when I have all this wood that is already cut and more than I will ever use in my lifetime to be cut.

Plus, I picked up the little MS250 yesterday and need to break it in.:blob2:

Back