Stump grimder finance problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet that wasn't too cheap. What did that cost you?

Just found that 665 that they sent me on a wild goose chase for. It's in aurora. I might call them and make an offer taking a rebuild into consideration. The city is requiring a 12" depth. Your old 630a did it with a set of jackets on it, but it was time consuming. It's paid for itself anyway. Time for a refresh tune up and belts. Going to paint it if I can ever put it to the side for a bit. Thought this winter would let me, but I was stayin too busy with it. :msp_thumbup:

They were gonna sleeve it for bout 15hun then got it in and said 3k then got it back and they went ahead and made it a brand new engine without telling me 76hun. Told em they now owned another old 665. Won't be payin that. After a little coaxing and subtle threatening...they gave it to me for 39hun. Very happy with that.

The corded remote totally makes this machine. I could use this til the day I die (not all that long lol) and wouldn't ever yearn for a shiny new hi tech 100 hp diesel stump terrorizer.

Here is one of those stumps at the big job I have lined up. There is another one just like it and bid a Maple removal this morning that I am going to have to sweep 108". I think a tow behind is the only way for me to go. I have used a 252 and after running that 1672 I could not go any other way. I love the chip capacity of the tow behind and get a lot of big removals and stumps. This whole deal has me stressed to the max! You guys are right, I have to walk away, 4000 hours and $14,800 is just to much for me to handle. Everything I have is paid for which is why I can justify a payment on a stump grinder but so far financing has been impossible. They really want to rake you over the coals. Is it easier to buy a new one? Long term payments perhaps? I do not mind making payments as long as they are in the $350-400 range. But $466.50 for 3 years on a '97 with 4000 hours is just not a good business decision. This post may have been in wrong forum but this is why I went here. There are many here that have been here. I have a Vermeer dealer close, wonder if I could rent a SC602 or 752 for a week, that would give me a chance to do all the stumps.
Thank you all for the imput and unf*****g my mind!!! You may have saved me a lot of BS

View attachment 230549

They were gonna sleeve it for bout 15hun then got it in and said 3k then got it back and they went ahead and made it a brand new engine without telling me 76hun. Told em they now owned another old 665. Won't be payin that. After a little coaxing and subtle threatening...they gave it to me for 39hun. Very happy with that.

The corded remote totally makes this machine. I could use this til the day I die (not all that long lol) and wouldn't ever yearn for a shiny new hi tech 100 hp diesel stump terrorizer.

Consider willing it to me? ;)

That's all I ever really want or need in a machine, especially around here.

I'll source my own mill for this 665 I'm wanting to salvage. Vermeer can stick it...lol. Surprises me not that it went from 15, to 3, to 76, and back down to 39. (About what the motor cost them ofter core.)

This one is now at 49, but I'll offer about 1500 and tell them I know ALL about it, and that I lost a day over a basket of lies. Probably won't make a difference, but who knows.

I've already located a good mill for the 630a if ever I need one. It's steep, but it has some modern amenities coming along with it. Can't find the link right now or I'd post it. I think they have the bigger 65 horse mills too. Gotta run over and pick up a new 660 with the 36" b+c, maybe I'll find it later.

Wouldn't mind a nice little toro, but these older vermeers are enough for now.

Just got another call for 2 more stumps....... I'm losing my mind. Last year seems only a few asked for stumps to be removed on a removal now I'm getting calls just for stumps plus every removal I have scheduled includes the stump. I feel like I'm getting myself into trouble here. I do not want to disappoint the customer:msp_confused:

Here is one of those stumps at the big job I have lined up. There is another one just like it and bid a Maple removal this morning that I am going to have to sweep 108". I think a tow behind is the only way for me to go. I have used a 252 and after running that 1672 I could not go any other way. I love the chip capacity of the tow behind and get a lot of big removals and stumps. This whole deal has me stressed to the max! You guys are right, I have to walk away, 4000 hours and $14,800 is just to much for me to handle. Everything I have is paid for which is why I can justify a payment on a stump grinder but so far financing has been impossible. They really want to rake you over the coals. Is it easier to buy a new one? Long term payments perhaps? I do not mind making payments as long as they are in the $350-400 range. But $466.50 for 3 years on a '97 with 4000 hours is just not a good business decision. This post may have been in wrong forum but this is why I went here. There are many here that have been here. I have a Vermeer dealer close, wonder if I could rent a SC602 or 752 for a week, that would give me a chance to do all the stumps.
Thank you all for the imput and unf*****g my mind!!! You may have saved me a lot of BS

View attachment 230549

Check with joann at Northern Atlantic financial, look at a 5 year purchase loan for used equipment. No penalty for early payment. 4000 hours is a LOT of hours for a stump grinder. Tow behind are great but access is usually the issue. Really depends on the market and the area. Not many customers in my area will tolerate a truck being driven into their yard. Plenty of self propelled out there than can get the job done just as well.

The part that is really scary is if the dealer would have spent $60 on new filters I would have bought it for the first negotiated price of $15800. If I were a dealer and took a machine in the first thing I would do is service it. That's the first thing I did, good damn thing! Sick of incompetent people trying to screw ya but in this case I got lucky.

I think for $15,800 you can do a lot better than that tow behind. I'm wondering how they are going to screw you over now since you were using it and are now cancelling the deal.

Yes i would be walking from that deal!!

3000hrs is ALOT on a grinder,I doubt there actual hours.

There was a whole thread about that machine about a year ago with videos. I've used it and wasn't impressed with it's lack of cutter power and other things. But if it works for you I can't argue with that.

Once familiar with this machine it is plenty fast for average 30" dbh trunk stumps. I have never run it. While I am doing other stuff the stumps just get done easily and quickly by my gm. It is the single most underrated machine in the tree biz right now as I see it. I am actually a little tired of advocating it but in my 42nd year of doing tree work...I know what is a gem...this thing is a gem. nuff said

I think for $15,800 you can do a lot better than that tow behind. I'm wondering how they are going to screw you over now since you were using it and are now cancelling the deal.

agreed. I bought a 1672 from rayco with 650 hrs on it for 14k.. Hopefully they can't do anything to swyman for backing out of the deal - they were trying to pull a fast one on him

As long as he didn't sign anything, he should be fine. He was just demoing the machine. I want to get a bigger self propelled stumper like nctrees someday. I want to demo a morbark chipper, but the local dealer says its against morbark policy for the dealer not to be present while its being demoed. I think that is bs.

I was already thinking about that but he Di bring it down for me to demo and I changed the oil, oil filter and hydraulic filter so if he wants to charge me I will charge him for servicing the machine.

As long as he didn't sign anything, he should be fine. He was just demoing the machine. I want to get a bigger self propelled stumper like nctrees someday. I want to demo a morbark chipper, but the local dealer says its against morbark policy for the dealer not to be present while its being demoed. I think that is bs.

that is a load of bs we demoed a 18" morbark and they were not there we had it for three days only thing that pissed me off was the blades looked trashed so we were not able to see its full potential...

swyman check out craigslist a lot of options out there stump grinder carlton 3500 48hp

Used Vermeer 672 Stump Grinder Vermeer 665B Stump grinder 1990 Rayco Hydro Stumper stump grinder

leases are bunk. I got referred to a shark in LA (Louisiana) to finance my asv a couple years ago. The d bag had me go through great lengths to get all of my info to him, and then he emails me the payment schedule for the lease. I do the math, the lease is at 57%. Crazy. And he wanted $1500 up front just for the paperwork. Don't lease. It's nuts.

leases are bunk. I got referred to a shark in LA (Louisiana) to finance my asv a couple years ago. The d bag had me go through great lengths to get all of my info to him, and then he emails me the payment schedule for the lease. I do the math, the lease is at 57%. Crazy. And he wanted $1500 up front just for the paperwork. Don't lease. It's nuts.

Same thing here. I am about ready to say f it. Stay debt free and screw the stumps for now. I would love to do them but guess the only way to get one is pay cash so it will take a long time. Banks are f'ed up. Lot of f's just frustrated as hell, had my heart set on one and have the work there ready to go. My patience sucks

Is he leasing it or financing to own. I'm lost. If so what is your reason for leasing? I turn trucks equip every 7-8 years and leasing is usually never the way to go.

Hey matt, good to see you active again. All I asked for from this Rayco dealer is to finance the machine through him. He has me contact this Leasing company for the financing, it just all reeks of poop. I would think a Rayco dealer would have a great financing program. How do people buy new ones, cash???? I may give Vermeer a call and see what machines they have available. Maybe I'll look into something new, spend more to spend less. If I can keep my payment in check by stretching it out I can treat my stump grinding as a seperate business. Save all money from that and pay it off when I do enough. Just a thought but this deal through Rayco just churns my stomach.

could it be a old filter number? thats alot of hrs did all the pins, bearings look good? or a compression check. good luck..

I have bought two new rayco machines since 2004.I work a factory job too. First time I went to a local bank and talked to the commercial lending officer. Next day I had the cash. Same with my 1645. I went to the commercial lending office. Next day again. That one was in 2009 which was when the banks were really tight.Have you tried locK banks with commercial lending?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back