Lock down your stuff.....if you want to keep it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the family issue. I came home from work and answered a call from mother who told me the farm shop was borken into which a couple of miles from her house next to my 90 year old grandmother's house. They broke the lock placed all the chainsaws, polesaws and generator outside. Took a POS 4wheeler and 3/4 drive stuff and trashed the place. Threw the tools off a nearby bridge (someone found them) and run the 4wheeler into a pond (sheriff found it). A few weeks later we found out it was a cousin pill or meth head. Aunt and uncle apoligzed; cousin was convicted.

It is only going to get worse, yeah old news. LE is getting hobbled by lack of funds, soon you will not get a Deputy to respond to burglaries, if one shows up, you will get a form to file with the dept. As time goes goes on, we will need to rely on ourselves and our neighbors. Be vigilant, be prepared, get a noisy dog, do outside lighting and show an active presence.
Like many of you, I will not hesitate to blow away an intruder in my home. The meth/drug users of the day are unpredictable and prone to violence. Use unequal force, in your favor, a blast from a shotgun will stop a methed up punk while multiple handgun rounds might not. I have dealt with meth-heads for 14 years, they don't think or react like regular people, meth wipes out large portions of the decision making process, consequences to their actions are not considered. You might not be able to reason with them, be prepared to take them out. Work to keep them away from your property and out of your buildings, have a plan to deal with them should they show up.

It is only going to get worse, yeah old news. LE is getting hobbled by lack of funds, soon you will not get a Deputy to respond to burglaries, if one shows up, you will get a form to file with the dept. As time goes goes on, we will need to rely on ourselves and our neighbors. Be vigilant, be prepared, get a noisy dog, do outside lighting and show an active presence.
Like many of you, I will not hesitate to blow away an intruder in my home. The meth/drug users of the day are unpredictable and prone to violence. Use unequal force, in your favor, a blast from a shotgun will stop a methed up punk while multiple handgun rounds might not. I have dealt with meth-heads for 14 years, they don't think or react like regular people, meth wipes out large portions of the decision making process, consequences to their actions are not considered. You might not be able to reason with them, be prepared to take them out. Work to keep them away from your property and out of your buildings, have a plan to deal with them should they show up.

Duct taped face first to a black spruce tree and left in the woods on their own to get free,...or not, has worked wonders around here. Just sayin,..ya know..

If anybody deer hunts and has a trail camera,they make good security cameras. You can build a small bird house and hide them in it. They will last for a while.

You can buy some that will send pics to your cell phone but those are a little more expensive.

Well my dad thinks it might be one of my aunts husband. He is a pillhead and he is the only one that was missing at the party yesterday and new my parents weren't at home from a certain time to a certain time, but accusing him would just cause a big stink in the family and result in more stuff stolen probably.

If he's your only suspect, you might do a little surveillance on him and see what shows up. He'll want to sell them sooner or later, I'm sure people like him aren't gonna use tools.
I keep my stuff locked up but that's not a sure thing of course. I have a deterrent if they come around to steal while I'm here..

Pit Bulls are the answer to most Intruders. The male we have in the house hits with devastating force (performance trained) and the 2 females in the back cover the detached garage and yard. No one comes down our driveway without meeting our inside dog who lays on the front porch most of the day. Our mail lady is still scared to death of him and she has known him all his life. Hell family (mom and dad) call us on the cell from inside their car before they get out. Only time he ever leaves the property is if he is invited by my wife and I to follow or if he is trailing one of the kids which is his responsibility if they are playing outside. He is very social if we are out in public but it is a different story when he is on his turf.

Pit Bulls are the answer to most Intruders. The male we have in the house hits with devastating force (performance trained) and the 2 females in the back cover the detached garage and yard. No one comes down our driveway without meeting our inside dog who lays on the front porch most of the day. Our mail lady is still scared to death of him and she has known him all his life. Hell family (mom and dad) call us on the cell from inside their car before they get out. Only time he ever leaves the property is if he is invited by my wife and I to follow or if he is trailing one of the kids which is his responsibility if they are playing outside. He is very social if we are out in public but it is a different story when he is on his turf.

That's better than the boxer from down the road that thinks he is supposed to growl at me while I'm stacking wood in my own damn yard... if that ####er bites me, he's dead. Those idiots don't have a hell of a clue how to train or treat their dog properly. That dog almost bit the kid's face when he tried to hook a leash on to take him home.

I hope your dog never causes trouble like the boxer I speak of. I have met a couple of nice pit bulls, but they are only so when their owners are around. One of the guys that I bought a hitch receiver from had one. Old one too. Still didn't get out of the truck until the guy said it was okay... not going to take chances with a dog that has jaw muscles like that...

That's better than the boxer from down the road that thinks he is supposed to growl at me while I'm stacking wood in my own damn yard... if that ####er bites me, he's dead. Those idiots don't have a hell of a clue how to train or treat their dog properly. That dog almost bit the kid's face when he tried to hook a leash on to take him home.

I hope your dog never causes trouble like the boxer I speak of. I have met a couple of nice pit bulls, but they are only so when their owners are around. One of the guys that I bought a hitch receiver from had one. Old one too. Still didn't get out of the truck until the guy said it was okay... not going to take chances with a dog that has jaw muscles like that...

Dogs are the same as children... they are a product of their environment. You get what you put in. There is no breed smarter, more formidable, more "game", more loyal than the American Pit Bull Terrier. Our inside dog has a vocabulary that is unbelievable and his memory retention is amazing. He goes everywhere Kari and the kids go, sleeps in the middle of the house where he can guard the front and back door every night. I paid $1500 a piece to have my girls trained and they aren't near as smart or responsive as the one we keep inside and have constant interaction with. You cant chain a dog up or throw it in the back yard and expect it to protect the family. It has to feel like it is part of the family and included. Sure a backyard dog may protect it's property (which is usually fear based), but may or may not protect the family. Boxers, stay in an adolescent stage for 3-5 years. Usually only live 8 years, and are high energy animals that take firm and consistant training. Even if a person isnt interested in Pitbulls, every dog owner should read Richard F Strattons books (3) on Pitbulls and Training. Books were published in the 70s and are still considered the "Bible on Dogs". Lots of reading. We have over 30 animals on our property right now 13 of which are dogs. I guarantee I spend more time and money on my pets than most spend on their children. This certainly doesnt mean I exclude my children- they are raised around animals/ responsibility- not PS3 or tv (even though we have). They would rather be outside with Dad than inside any day. Now my wife just took in a 6 year old ####-zu which is a sad story. I though highly of our friends that had him- very wealthy, young successful couple my age (30). Their Nanny brought him to my wife after they said they were taking him to the pound. Apparantly the husband couldnt stand the little guy and beat him and would throw him from the porch step when he barked etc. Poor guy is scared to death. I cant look at him without him growling and snapping, and my wife can just pet him. We're gonna give him a little bit and see if he can be rehabilitated before we make the dreaded decision. He is not adoptable- so if he doesnt work here he wont work anywhere. Only dog I can ever remember that I cant intereact with. I do repo work and I have gone inside a fence with "guard Rotweillers" that I was warned against by the owner over the phone, armed only with bacon strips, and I had them sitting before I left there.:hmm3grin2orange: Im sure the Owner was pissed when he came home and found his #### repo'd.

Anyone ever tell you, You got a mean streak a mile wide?
Don't you know It's "Cruel & Unusual punishment" to force feed bears Sh!t?:hmm3grin2orange:
Mabye the wood chipper like the one in the movie "Fargo" would be more appropriate...IDK:msp_confused:

man i wish i could like that twice
cheers

Dogs are the same as children... they are a product of their environment. You get what you put in. There is no breed smarter, more formidable, more "game", more loyal than the American Pit Bull Terrier. Our inside dog has a vocabulary that is unbelievable and his memory retention is amazing. He goes everywhere Kari and the kids go, sleeps in the middle of the house where he can guard the front and back door every night. I paid $1500 a piece to have my girls trained and they aren't near as smart or responsive as the one we keep inside and have constant interaction with. You cant chain a dog up or throw it in the back yard and expect it to protect the family. It has to feel like it is part of the family and included. Sure a backyard dog may protect it's property (which is usually fear based), but may or may not protect the family. Boxers, stay in an adolescent stage for 3-5 years. Usually only live 8 years, and are high energy animals that take firm and consistant training. Even if a person isnt interested in Pitbulls, every dog owner should read Richard F Strattons books (3) on Pitbulls and Training. Books were published in the 70s and are still considered the "Bible on Dogs". Lots of reading. We have over 30 animals on our property right now 13 of which are dogs. I guarantee I spend more time and money on my pets than most spend on their children. This certainly doesnt mean I exclude my children- they are raised around animals/ responsibility- not PS3 or tv (even though we have). They would rather be outside with Dad than inside any day. Now my wife just took in a 6 year old ####-zu which is a sad story. I though highly of our friends that had him- very wealthy, young successful couple my age (30). Their Nanny brought him to my wife after they said they were taking him to the pound. Apparantly the husband couldnt stand the little guy and beat him and would throw him from the porch step when he barked etc. Poor guy is scared to death. I cant look at him without him growling and snapping, and my wife can just pet him. We're gonna give him a little bit and see if he can be rehabilitated before we make the dreaded decision. He is not adoptable- so if he doesnt work here he wont work anywhere. Only dog I can ever remember that I cant intereact with. I do repo work and I have gone inside a fence with "guard Rotweillers" that I was warned against by the owner over the phone, armed only with bacon strips, and I had them sitting before I left there.:hmm3grin2orange: Im sure the Owner was pissed when he came home and found his #### repo'd.

yes i've had APB and US staffy's the last 22 years and every one in this town know's it only people that even knock on my front door are out of towners that try to flog you power and phone acounts now they don't even knock any more
since i put a sign on the front door PLEASE KNOCK ON THE DOOR ME DOG NEEDS THE EXERCISE the fact that he hears the gate open and go's off his head don't help. the only one that like's him is the posty

When I said I had a deterrent I wasn't speaking about a dog...mine is more the 45 caliber sort of thing.

pick ur poison- Colt 1911 .45, Colt Anaconda 44 mag, SW snub nosed 357, sks 7.62x39, 30.06, 12 gauge pistol grip, 9mm assault. maybe something else but I'd have to go look.:rock:

yes i've had APB and US staffy's the last 22 years and every one in this town know's it only people that even knock on my front door are out of towners that try to flog you power and phone acounts now they don't even knock any more
since i put a sign on the front door PLEASE KNOCK ON THE DOOR ME DOG NEEDS THE EXERCISE the fact that he hears the gate open and go's off his head don't help. the only one that like's him is the posty

Ive had dozens of breeds that we have rescued some that I really liked but- I'll always come back to APBT. If a person hasn't had one and discriminates- that's very sad and shallow. Kinda like a Husky- everyone should atleast have one.

It is a sad fact of life in this day and age. I remember when I was a kid we only locked our doors if we were going to be away most of the day and at night. Until just a year ago we didn't lock our car doors at home. That all changed when a neighbor had a car stolen out of his garage when they were home!

I have a bad feeling it's a not going to get better either. :-(

Last edited:
Ive had dozens of breeds that we have rescued some that I really liked but- I'll always come back to APBT. If a person hasn't had one and discriminates- that's very sad and shallow. Kinda like a Husky- everyone should atleast have one.

My dad is one of the sad and shallow you talk about, about the pit bulls. I have tried to tell him that a dog is what you make it. After these posts that you have put up here I may give him my German Shepard and get me a pit bull. I have always wanted a solid black pbt after I saw the movie black dog. My dad says they were bred to fight and there is no way you can get it out of em. He says they are like a wild animal they may be tame most of the time but sooner or later they are gonna go back to being wild. I totally disagree and will show him one day.

And a absolutely beautiful animal he is.:rock:

My dad is one of the sad and shallow you talk about, about the pit bulls. I have tried to tell him that a dog is what you make it. After these posts that you have put up here I may give him my German Shepard and get me a pit bull. I have always wanted a solid black pbt after I saw the movie black dog. My dad says they were bred to fight and there is no way you can get it out of em. He says they are like a wild animal they may be tame most of the time but sooner or later they are gonna go back to being wild. I totally disagree and will show him one day.

Pits are smart.......they learn really fast.....you must be careful what you teach an animal like that. I can't think of a breed of dog that I would rather have live in the house with my family.

Both of you guys have been to my house and I can't remember if either of you met my PBT. She is a very intelligent dog, loves the kids, and protects the house......it would be a very bad idea to break in here. If the dog didn't get that ass the owner would. :msp_wink:

And a absolutely beautiful animal he is.:rock:

Pits are smart.......they learn really fast.....you must be careful what you teach an animal like that. I can't think of a breed of dog that I would rather have live in the house with my family.

Both of you guys have been to my house and I can't remember if either of you met my PBT. She is a very intelligent dog, loves the kids, and protects the house......it would be a very bad idea to break in here. If the dog didn't get that ass the owner would. :msp_wink:

I met her when Kari accompanied me that time. She was gorgeous.

Grr, my dad just had a weed eater and gas can stolen off his carport. The part that really burns me up was that it was broad daylight and my mom was home :mad:

After my guns were stolen from my dad's house while I was in Alaska (got them all back), I put a sign in his window stating "This house protected by shotgun 3 nights per week. You guess which 3!"

He has never had a problem since... LOL

After my guns were stolen from my dad's house while I was in Alaska (got them all back), I put a sign in his window stating "This house protected by shotgun 3 nights per week. You guess which 3!"

He has never had a problem since... LOL

Lol I like that. :)

Back