stove beers.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just drink water and sodas ..... been sober for 31 (thirty one ) years just had anniversary couple weeks ago.

Congratulations and wishes for many more. I cold-turkeyed to get off the cigarettes after some 40 years of chain smoking but haven't go the intestinal fortitude to kick the alcohol habit yet - could save a bunch of money if I did.

Harry K

Also quit the smokes 8 months ago after a heart attack. 2 years of sobriety is great , it gets easier still go to meetings even after 31 years.

Don't have a go to beer...I get bored drinking much more than 12 of any kind without mixing it up. That being said, the colder it is out, the darker I want my beer to be so fire season is porter and stout season.

I also like darker beers by the fire, i currently brew my own and have a couple brown ales, a stout, and a spiced red ale on tap. Nothing wrong with something harder either.

Anything that someone else is buying is sufficient for me.

If I'm paying the tab, Hams light on the economical side, or Blue light if I'm gonna splurge.

I rather enjoy OP Beer, myself. That is "Other People's" Beer... :laugh::laugh:

Kidding aside, I do enjoy a good IPA. There is a microbrew in town that has a great one on tap all the time! Frankenmuth also used to be home to the Carling brewery, one of their operations anyway. One of the few places you can still find Black Label, and I'm not talking about Johnnie Walker...

happy for all the sober guys, but this is a stove beer thread not quitter thread :laugh:

happy for all the sober guys, but this is a stove beer thread not quitter thread :laugh:

Does this count? I drink this...

St-Pauli-Girl-NA-300x224.jpg

I brew my own beer. At any given time I usually have 8-10 different styles on hand in kegs. I really like German beers right now, but they take a lot of time and patience. I'd say a dopplebock or eisbock goes nicely with a warm stove.

I brew my own beer. At any given time I usually have 8-10 different styles on hand in kegs. I really like German beers right now, but they take a lot of time and patience. I'd say a dopplebock or eisbock goes nicely with a warm stove.

did i mention that im available for adoption ?.

This thread needs a big saw.

Guess I'll update my pic earlier on in the thread. My 088 sporting a 41" B&C, keeping watch over my Central Boiler 6048. Case of Busch is gone, now it's PBR. Here's to you, RandyMac! :rock:

IMAG0416_zpsb82273ab.jpg

Good german beer!!! I did two 3 year tous over there in Hof am Saale at the intersection of what used to be E. Germany, W. Germany and Chechoslovakia. While living "on the economy", i.e., off base i had a regular delivery of a couple cases (30 per of 750ml) bottles. Breweries did that and I wason the third floor of a walkup. Didn't take me long to get in the 'warm beer' brigade. First tour was 62-65 and you could get a cold beer only if the place had ice to put in it. Second tour 68-71. The GI bars by then were serving it cold but for us "old heads" they had a little electric heater to warm it up for us.

Ineresting tour in 68. Monitored the Russian GSFG forces (russian troops in Germany). Got to listen to them when they roared intho Checkoslovakia right past our station.

Harry K

Back