Works Connection Tach. accuracy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyankura

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have read through many pages of info on these and have not found exactly what I am looking for. So, has any compared the accuracy of the Works tach to the Fast-Tach or Tiny-Tach? I have one one mounted on my ms261 like I've seen here and looks and works fine. Just curious....:msp_unsure:

I have read through many pages of info on these and have not found exactly what I am looking for. So, has any compared the accuracy of the Works tach to the Fast-Tach or Tiny-Tach? I have one one mounted on my ms261 like I've seen here and looks and works fine. Just curious....:msp_unsure:

same as my fast tach

Cool, I am going to order and put them on my other Stihls for a safety measure. My ears are nowhere near as in tune as you gentlemen and want something as a safety measure because my eyes are great! I have my 261 set to 12200 rpm and it 4 strokes noticeably out of the cut but cleans up real nice in the cut. I wanted to be cautious so I don't burn it up! I will fiddle this weekend as my uncle and I are cutting 20 something Locust trees for a friend but benefits us as firewood...

Cool, I am going to order and put them on my other Stihls for a safety measure. My ears are nowhere near as in tune as you gentlemen and want something as a safety measure because my eyes are great! I have my 261 set to 12200 rpm and it 4 strokes noticeably out of the cut but cleans up real nice in the cut. I wanted to be cautious so I don't burn it up! I will fiddle this weekend as my uncle and I are cutting 20 something Locust trees for a friend but benefits us as firewood...

take it up to 13800 and enjoy

In Romania is 40$.Could someone put a photo to see if it matches with the ones sel in Romania?
A fast tach in Romania will be 170$!

attachment.php

I have compared the Works tach up against a Stihl tach and very similar readings.
This is a works tach on a muff modded 261,13700 to 13800 is the go.

[video=youtube;XbuPrSLorsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuPrSLorsU[/video]

I did a ton of cutting with the ms261 at the new setting of 13,500 to 13,800 ish. Wow, it really came to life and chewed up some huge willow rounds. As fun as it was I had to change to the ms441 when things got up to 40" in diameter.

Oh, I got the CAD sickness and my wife, who is a girly girl, actually knows what that means!:help:

Not exactly the price you want but:

Works Connection Hour-Tach Meter | MotoSport Romania

No shipping to Romania!Again.:cry:[/QUOTE]

If there is someway I can help I would...I will be in Germany on May 11-18. If you order them and ship them to me here in the states. I will bring them and have a friend in Germany send them to you. Is that possible? I do this for my friend in Germany but that's easy! I don't know if there would be some VAT just shipping things as a gift to Romaina.

What ever I can do let me know!

Back