the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see everyone is playing nice, hope you've all been well. I scored a nice freebie from a mate yesty a nice old ex council echo cs1200 and just like council workers its done very little work in its life, just needs the pull starter fixed and its good to go.has a 30 inch bar but no chain. Not sure if its gonna fit in with my stihl and pioneer collection!

It's made by Christie Engineering Australia, powered by a GX 35 Honda four stroke. theres no model marked on the thing, but mine is the more heavy duty of the two they build, IE: it will drive in jumbo steels aswell as regular steels.........worth every cent!

If you dont wanna reuse them,4in1 bucket,oooohyeah!:D

Yup that sure works, I have been thinking of building a post puller for a skid steer. After a few thousand posts you soon get tired of the old tractor and chain method.

Also get your excavator with a grab/thumb on it - so much fun to be had!

Good to see everyone is playing nice, hope you've all been well. I scored a nice freebie from a mate yesty a nice old ex council echo cs1200 and just like council workers its done very little work in its life, just needs the pull starter fixed and its good to go.has a 30 inch bar but no chain. Not sure if its gonna fit in with my stihl and pioneer collection!

AARON!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

It's made by Christie Engineering Australia, powered by a GX 35 Honda four stroke. theres no model marked on the thing, but mine is the more heavy duty of the two they build, IE: it will drive in jumbo steels aswell as regular steels.........worth every cent!

Nice unit mate and haven't seen anything like that before. Waratah make a bloody pneumatic model that they whip out at field days here and there. The thing is so bloody loud kids start crying within a 200m radius and old ladies pass out.
I have a number of growers who tow a trailer behind their quad bikes with at least a 2.4kva generator and a cheap 240v jackhammer with a socket setup on the end to go over the steel dropper ends. That works well too and is a pretty cheap setup.

Give em a good hit or two on top first! then pull them out, a good heavy wack brakes the grip with the ground.

Yep. Problem is that they get a big ball of rust on the bottom and once that gets busted off a bit you're fine. I've seen 1.5 tonne rated forks struggle to pull out 8' droppers. Give them a whack with a sledgehammer on top and they slide out easy :)

post driver bit 001.JPG I was using a Hitachi jack hammer with a post driver coupling, works great where you can take a vehicle with a genset, even then we still run out of extension lead (400').
though i still prefer the jack hammer for pining post in gullys, i like to drive them in the full lenght.
So far the Hitachi post driver coupling is the only one that's up to the job, other brands of couplings have failed real quick!.... Hitachi couplings are forged one piece steel.

well fmd it does run in the family i just got back from the hospital now me youngest son (15 years) has heart trouble that's 3 from 3, just can't pull a bloody trick around here.

go and give ya kids a hug

So "Dickies" is D*ck Smith?
Is he the one who owned that piped 064 that near put you on your arse in an upcut?

Richard Smith,,,,, that's a name not spoken of lately.
bobbies mate.

Now now Matt, don't pick on poor old bob for not being able to correctly cut 3 discs in a fast and safe manner, perhaps it was a very hard block, or perhaps the saw was feeling very strong or perhaps bob had a sore foot and the weight of the saw made it hurt like hell.

Hey Bob, Whats the blokes name pictured sharpening the twin. I have met him several times, he even gave me a roller tipped bar once when at the Walcha Timber Expo. I cannot remember his name......

Sorry Littlefella got you and your little close to the ground mate blocked, cant read what you and your short mate are woffling on about

well fmd it dose run in the family i just got back from the hospital now me youngest son (15 years) has heart trouble that's 3 from 3, just can't pull a bloody trick around here.

so sorry to hear 223 and hugs will be delivered,, once they wake up

well fmd it dose run in the family i just got back from the hospital now me youngest son (15 years) has heart trouble that's 3 from 3, just can't pull a bloody trick around here.

That sucks mate. I hope it's not too serious and can be fixed easily with a few tablets. The issues I had with a dodgey heartbeat have been fixed right up with a couple of tablets a day. 15 years old is pretty young but it sounds like they caught it early at least mate.

Latest posts

Back