Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
The last two nights have had a fire in the evening
Tonight included, burning the ugly pieces.

Are you still burning?

Hell yeah! Last night burned a hoop of ugly cuts/splits of Ash from a few weeks ago. All this rain in the northeast been good burning weather. Great time of year to burn up all the bones in the bone yard pile.....

Down in the 40s here. Good time to be burning some construction scraps and skid-bits. After the monsoon, time to haul in some from the odds&ends bin. Good time to clean out some of the nails & staples from the stove, too, to make room for the next batch.

Weather like this, the stove can take it pretty easy.

The last two nights have had a fire in the evening
Tonight included, burning the ugly pieces.

Are you still burning?

Last 2 nights here too. Red oak scraps. Last embers are dying now. Seems like the outdoor temp rose the last few hours&it finally quit raining, so that might be it. Hate to see the fires go, but there's still plenty of scrounging, sawing, and splitting to hold me over i guess.thumbnail-6.jpeg

Still burning here also, off and on rain all week some 30's in the evenings, 40 something for a high today. Been awhile since we have had a long cold spring like this. Don't mind it though keeps the electric service out of my wallet. NG prices jumped 80+ % so a lot of folks are getting pinched around here by that which is not normal for this time of year. ( normal pricing would be in the $.65-75 range per therm, currently at $1.33-1.06/therm).

Been in the 30's and 40's overnight here lately with little sunshine and lots of rain, so have lit fires in the evening to keep the house at a comfortable temp.
I have been cleaning up and burning odds and ends, too. I'm sure it will warm up one of these days.

Still burning here but back to shoulder wood to keep the chill off at night and warm things up a bit in the day.
Spring here is quite cool and full of rain, nice to see things finally growing but I think here in Ontario we have had enough cold now and cool isn't welcome either. LOL

Burning every day still - surely to God I'll be able to start skipping days soon though...

I still have the OWB running, this was my first year in a differen't house with the boiler.

I miss my nice small wood stove I had in my old house, well on days like this because it was fun to light it at night and let it burn out in the morning. Sucked trying to keep my house warm when it was cold though, but I never complained then.

Yup still burning , really thought I was done so took the wood box out cleaned the stove and chimney ; done? Well not quite , had a fire the past two nights so all that was only a test.

Yesterday was the first day without a fire going. Last night was the starting up of the fans. We're having a heat wave, but it cools back down to normal starting tomorry.
It isn't unusual to have to warm up the house through June even. Don't move here.

Back