Brush and debris pile burning in cold weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I've been trying to work up a client into paying for some brush pile burning, but haven't closed a sale yet. The blowers are damned expensive, renting the burner devices is even worse. I'm still working on building a pit and blower system. So far, no sales yet.

It you set a fire in Kansas City, it is a sure thing you will get a visit from the fire department. With no burn permit, they are likely to give you a ticket, too. Getting a burn permit isn't going to happen without you use a clean-burning fire pit blower, and even then there are rules to be followed.

Kansas City really protects its clean air standards. Using a tire to start a fire will get their attention, every time. They will even use the airport to track a fire's location with their radar and then dispatch the fire department. Go ahead! Ask me how I know.
You ever burned a tire in the Kansas City area?

Ffs, enough with the tires..

Much like yourself, I grew up with a father that burned tires. In my tales of lighting brush fires with diesel & gasoline, I was never advised by my father to use any tires. So I didn't. In retrospect, that seems like an oversight on his part.

My recollection is that we never put 'em to any useful purpose like lighting a brush fire, but just torched them into the sky for disposal purposes alone. That was a long time ago, though.

I already answered that question Bill. Sorry you don't like the answer.

Using a tire to start a fire will get their attention, every time. They will even use the airport to track a fire's location with their radar and then dispatch the fire department. Go ahead! Ask me how I know.

Ok I will rephrase it for you.

As an adult (age 18 or over......whatever the age of consent is there) have you burned tire(s) in the Kansas City area?

In all my life, I have never seen someone work so hard to defend an old and outdated practice
It is tried, true, and effective. Just because something is old does not mean it is outdated

By the way ask @pdqdl if as an adult he has ever burned tires in a brush or dozer pile.

No he did not.
The question is.

If you think he did then quote him.

Go away, Bill.
You are a pest and don't belong in the homeowner helper forum. You distinctly are not helping anyone here.

Go away, Bill.
You are a pest and don't belong in the homeowner helper forum. You distinctly are not helping anyone here.
Calling me a "pest" is a personal attack so you may want to rethink that. You have no more right to be here than I do. Stop trying to tell folks what to do.

I believe you are avoiding my question because you are embarrassed to answer after attacking me for something you did yourself. The difference is you ran away I never have had to do so.

Calling me a "pest" is a personal attack so you may want to rethink that. You have no more right to be here than I do. Stop trying to tell folks what to do.

I believe you are avoiding my question because you are embarrassed to answer after attacking me for something you did yourself. The difference is you ran away I never have had to do so.

I've not attacked you yet for burning tires. Quote me on that.

You are a pest, and you don't know when to let a subject drop.
I never said I had any more rights to be here than you, either. I just said that you don't belong. Your help is not helpful.

Stop trying to tell folks what to do.

As he tells me what to do!
That is clear hypocrisy.

hypocrisy noun
hy·poc·ri·sy hi-ˈpä-krə-sē
a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not : behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel...
: an act or instance of hypocrisy

I've not attacked you yet for burning tires. Quote me on that.

You are a pest, and you don't know when to let a subject drop.
I never said I had any more rights to be here than you, either. I just said that you don't belong. Your help is not helpful.

As he tells me what to do!
You are still avoiding a simple question.
Why is that?

Argumentum ad inquisitionis infinitum.
You never stop with the questions until your opponent flees the scene.

I answered your question, but I'll not do it twice. If you don't like the answer, that's too bad.
I'm not avoiding your question, anyway. I'm ignoring it, just like you are ignoring my previous answers.

Just like you are ignoring the fact that you accused me of attacking you for burning tires, but declined to quote me. C'mon! It's a vast website. Find me attacking you on that topic anywhere. Any time.

I can find lots of other guys willing to do that, though. Shall we dredge up the last 2 years' worth of ceaseless attacks on you for burning tires? WHY WOULD I BOTHER attacking you over burning tires? You are obviously proud of your ability to stretch a thread out bickering with people on this topic, and I was well aware of it as soon as you posted in this thread. OH CRAP! Here we go again with the burning tires.

You have stirred up more conflict in the name of defending your damned burning tires than the entire sum of "what oil should I use" threads over in the chainsaw & equipment forum

1712449778078.png

Back