Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very close to lighting the stove today. 50's and raining in RI. So much for global warming

It's 55, cloudy and damp, and I'm home sick with a cold. Going down to 51 tonight. I just scrounged up some not-too-wet ash splits and lit the little stove. Stacked some other damp wood around the stove for later. The windows are still open upstairs, but what the heck - it's free.

Nice fire last night (May 29th). Cold and raw all day with no sun. House was 65F at 5 pm and the forecast was for a low of 42F. So, out to the wood pile I go. A couple arm loads of red oak and the house was 68F in the morn'. I think this was the latest fire I've had in my 14 years living in MA.

Cleaned the stove out last weekend, using the Eden Pure to remove the chill as needed.

Fire yesterday with a damp 50 degrees. Latest fire ever was June 30 in either 2008 or '09. Earliest was August some years ago. So basically NH woodboogers get July to rest, the rest of the year is cookstove time!

I worked the late shift last night (5/29). When I got home around midnight, my family had the stove cranking.

It was the perfect definition of a "shoulder night": too warm to have a fire, but too chilly to NOT have a fire.

Supposed to be in the 40's the next 2 nights. Might well have a fire going.

Frost warning for tonight- upper 20's. Not only still burning wood, now I need to cover the garden and scrape the windshield.:mad:

i'm still burning. about ready to shut the owb down for the summer. i haven't used it for heating the house... just using it for a hot shower and to dry my clothes in the dryer. i'm just too lazy to hang the clothes line back up. i'd rather put a few pieces in the owb once a week.

Built a fire yesterday morning 6/8/14 and kept it burning for a few hours, it was in the upper 30's(f) at 6:00am. We have had a lot of rain lately, cold and damp in the house is no fun when you still have dry wood on the front porch, why not. If I wasn't going to work in the morning I might consider another one, low 42f tonight.

Latest posts

Back