whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough day ...... Backed up with a load of tree hit a stump and rolled my bobcat .. First time I did that I slipped off a frosty trailer with a new holland and 32" caretree tree spade and landed on the roof , I was 18/19 tops and I climbed out after it rolled on it's side then to it's roof , laughing and not a bit hurt today it went over and landed on it's side .. And I feel 40 I am hurt and it's the first time ever I felt old like this . Sucks real bad
Glad your ok, that had to hurt. How did you get it back up?

I had the wife take me to the yard to get the bucket one day and she backed her nice Lil shiny 2012 Sonata into the tongue of a landscape trailer. I guess I don't have to tell you who came out the winner in that little battle.

BTW :
It turns out it was MY fault for having to ask her to take me there.

Of course it was. And it was your fault that you didn't have the tongue of the trailer marked out with 12 48" high cones and a flashing beacon. And we wonder how Health and Safety Regs become ridiculously onerous.

Had to grab one shot before I left the job to sell $5400 (local) at an old customers house. Sweet day (Finally) for a change. 4x4 is working nice in the bucket again too. These are the the things that make me happy. I guess.

Once in a while, one good day, that's all I really ask for.View attachment 374505
Ya, it feels good ! You better put it away for winter.

The fore ground is the http://www.carlsbad.ca.us/flowers.html
Behind me taking the pic is Lego Land.
We took one lane early knowing that Lego Land opens at 10am and people haul ass on that street.
I was worried about taking a lane without a permit. I figured I would ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission,,
I set up a lane closure and hoped for the best.
We do this job every year but always on a week day, not a beautiful weekend day,
So I was prepared for any fall-out, then I saw a cop with his 'Lights' on and pulled a guy over for something.
It turns out that this cop was helping us out,,he saw our signage and never asked for a TCP or Pemit,,
Must be the weather.
Jeff ,,,Btw, Happy birthday to Larry!

Took down a 40' long, 18" dia. elm limb over a neighbors patio. Big old tree, dying back for the past few years. Next, took down a leaning 60' locust from over a roof, cracked at the bottom and showing stress and then finally took down another 60' codominant locust from over a house, split at the base and rotting but alive. Climbed them all and no issues. More tomorrow!

Took down 6 gum trees and 1 oak, all for a Homeowners association. 5 were 30 ft and 2 were 60 ft. All but the oak were the size of power poles, tall and skinny. Ground all the stumps . No climbing just shot a line and notch and drop, One 7 hr day 4 people ( including myself ) 2k bucks. Now i get to wait 40 days to get paid.

Well things look a little different around here!
Just got a email for a go ahead on a job, bid it super high to avoid it, honey locust prune. And of course they go with it, even want to prepay me. Thorns are of epic proportion. Bucket still broke, I feel that pain and suffering is in my future.

Had to grab one shot before I left the job to sell $5400 (local) at an old customers house. Sweet day (Finally) for a change. 4x4 is working nice in the bucket again too. These are the the things that make me happy. I guess.

Once in a while, one good day, that's all I really ask for.View attachment 374505

Didn't realize your bucket was 4x4. Does it kill you on the fuel economy because of the gearing?

I found out yesterday that you can buy a short block for the Kohler engine for a third the price and just switch everything over in a couple hours. Dammit! A week after I ordered a new one. Has anyone else done this for their tiny grinder or dingo?

I found out yesterday that you can buy a short block for the Kohler engine for a third the price and just switch everything over in a couple hours. Dammit! A week after I ordered a new one. Has anyone else done this for their tiny grinder or dingo?

Does it come with heads?

Short block has no heads, You have to swap over your old ones. Not the best thing to do.

Short block has no heads, You have to swap over your old ones. Not the best thing to do.

Good to know, but hopefully this will be the last time I have to replace this engine. Next year I'm looking to upgradde to something bigger. Two d's for a double dose of grinding action.

Back