whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was laying next to the bucket truck. The chipper was 25' away from it. When I came back down to the bucket after topping out the tree, I dropped the rope next to the truck. He just wasn't paying attention even though I said to him about 5 times about watching the rigging rope.

The piece that hit the guard was 15" diameter and 3' long. I cut it at around 40' up

Got to see Juan's First Choice Tree Care crunch a house today while we were working next door. I heard he bid that job for $1,200 which I really find hard to believe...he's cheap but not that cheap. We bid the job $4,650. Of course could be...he's got some mojado that halfass speaks English doing some of his quotes. Anyway, the guy we were working for is an independent adjuster that mainly works large storms, hurricanes, etc. He said without even walking over there he saw $30,000 but probably end up way more than that.

Trashy maple removal from yesterday.
c66913d2928c818f90225edf0697d604.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday one of my guys said we have had a good year with no break downs and today we had three.

Sunny and 75 on Monday, tomorrow's job low 30's and 30mph winds! WTF, Hello Winter!

I was dumping my grapple truck and the ujoint broke on the little drive shaft that runs the pto. The box was up and the grapple. We got that fixed and headed to the job. In the afternoon a small low presure line broke on the bucket truck. Then at the end of the day the grapple truck died from a short from the battery box to the starter. The grapple was down but the outriggers were too. We put cones around it tillthis morning. I had to jump the starter to get it to the shop. So ya it was a long day yesterday.

Back