whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn,,,, $1950 done and sipping a beer already. Gotta love that for a change. Little jobs can pay off sometimes. Was nice to start with an $800 quickie.

All I did was drive truck, operate the chipper and watch the minions. My buddy and Stubs are quite a combo, I gotta say. Nothing like watching a real pro do his thing. Good day.

Damn,,,, $1950 done and sipping a beer already. Gotta love that for a change. Little jobs can pay off sometimes. Was nice to start with an $800 quickie.

All I did was drive truck, operate the chipper and watch the minions. My buddy and Stubs are quite a combo, I gotta say. Nothing like watching a real pro do his thing. Good day.

There is no customer loyalty out here. If someone beats your price by $25 bucks you are out of here.

That really isn't true. This is why there are successful tree services, and so many that are not. The successful companies do excellent work, they are market competitive, and their customers recognize that they are getting good value. Admittedly, you cannot count on customers for "loyalty", but you can bet that they will be willing to stick with the service provider that gives them what they are wanting.

There are many different markets, and you need to understand what market you are pursuing. If you are catering to the market that only wants the lowest price, then you can expect to be sold out quickly by all your customers. If your customers expect a good job done with a reasonably low price, then the price shoppers will be a part of your market, but not a major part. If you are only selling elite service to exclusive customers, the low-price tree services won't even get considered because their trucks are rusty and dented. Conversely, the elite services will be wasting a lot of time on high bids to folks that are not willing to pay for elite services done with well paid employees driving shiny new trucks.

If you consider that you are providing an elite service, then you will be spending a lot of emotional capital dwelling on the bids that you don't get or the customers you cannot keep.

20 years and they switched ? I mean that too me means more then motivated to save a buck . But I am learning that a customer every once in a while just doesn't call you ... It's life man don't sweat it

With our State,municipal,County,and Gvmnt contracts we don't worry about the beaners. Yeah they low ball us on a few residentials but who cares they might get 1 out of 50 jobs we estimate.

I just called 611 and the wambulance is on it's way !

4ed4edf3f08faa526067a26180a1dda1.jpg

I'll guarantee the company that's doing the work was probably their landscapers or house painters. The homeowners mentioned they needed to have a tree removed and sure enough, seven guys (probably relatives of the "boss") show up. Question to ask is how was the finish product and was it done without incident.

And of course satisfaction will occur when they call you for a tree to be removed that carlos and friends can't remove for lack of equipment. When you don't return the call, the silence is deafening.

I'll guarantee the company that's doing the work was probably their landscapers or house painters. The homeowners mentioned they needed to have a tree removed and sure enough, seven guys (probably relatives of the "boss") show up. Question to ask is how was the finish product and was it done without incident.

And of course satisfaction will occur when they call you for a tree to be removed that carlos and friends can't remove for lack of equipment. When you don't return the call, the silence is deafening.
That last part is really deep ........ I am gonna make a shirt that says that

In the blackhills now. Last night a deer walked up to about 10 feet from me. The other pic is my view this morning.

Latest posts

Back