whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:popcorn:put a winch at the base of the grapple and a block instead of that claim bucket . Yard with that fancy hydro arm heehaw

bb796eee4dd604de7052182a2a9ee430.jpg
tree looks smaller in the pic was 44" dbh left one hell of a stump
216cd5b56d1792d3be7172a1ec800aea.jpg
That's like about a $50 dollar grind topsoil and reseed up there isn't it ??[emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think our estimator is a tard for the price he gave but it's for a customer that has used us for 40 years well both this house and the neighbor. 700 bucks grind 4-6 deep and leave level, haul excess shavings. The way it's bid is to use our Carlton 4012? I can't remember it's 44HP or somethin, that will take all day... My idea plywood and the Vermeer 752 and our grapple truck for shavings the Bossman is like nah I'll just send 3 guys out (normally it's 2) if I get sent to shovel Im quiting!

That clam looks like it would suck for trees though! Stump grindings would be no match... Haha
I don't know but I want to find out. Looks to me like it would do fine, but I have zero experience running one. I'm thinking about going and getting it and maybe a camper to live in as well.

I think our estimator is a tard for the price he gave but it's for a customer that has used us for 40 years well both this house and the neighbor. 700 bucks grind 4-6 deep and leave level, haul excess shavings. The way it's bid is to use our Carlton 4012? I can't remember it's 44HP or somethin, that will take all day... My idea plywood and the Vermeer 752 and our grapple truck for shavings the Bossman is like nah I'll just send 3 guys out (normally it's 2) if I get sent to shovel Im quiting!
No you ain't !!![emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but I want to find out. Looks to me like it would do fine, but I have zero experience running one. I'm thinking about going and getting it and maybe a camper to live in as well.
Look at that clam then look at this clam. the closed sides will not allow you to grab logs
b2965e3a3d433a1dfe3a3f601e48049c.jpg

It looks to be designed to handle dirt or gravel or rocks or something.. Thus the small box on the back

Look at that clam then look at this clam. the closed sides will not allow you to grab logs
b2965e3a3d433a1dfe3a3f601e48049c.jpg

It looks to be designed to handle dirt or gravel or rocks or something.. Thus the small box on the back
Yeah I can tell it wasn't designed for tree work being that small and a tandem axel. I see what ya mean now, I have a set of torches and and grinder to fix that.

treeclimber101 was going to make a teeshirt with that segment you quoted. Next time you make up teeshirts, make sure you have "Welcome" printed on the back because your clients will eventually be walking all over you like a welcome mat as you bow down to them.

It's right to be respectful to your clients but respect goes both ways.

I really don't care how my customers treat me. They can have the greatest respect (most do, btw), or they can act like I am their personal hey-boy. As long as they hire me to do the work and then pay the bill, I am good with that.

After all, I am the one that sets the price for the service. All I expect in return is to stand aside while we work and to pay the bill when we are done. If they are asinine enough to get my attention, then I might feel obliged to raise the estimate.

My res. customers are awesome ..... On the other those commercial customers are ruthless as hell , sometimes I feel like I am fighting a Mongolian army to get paid !

Just a quick question... Does your bidder have experience with doing tree work? Some outfits hires guys out of car dealerships to sell work, when they have no idea how long it will take.

Just a quick question... Does your bidder have experience with doing tree work? Some outfits hires guys out of car dealerships to sell work, when they have no idea how long it will take.
Yes he was on a crew for 20+ years
Ummmmmmm.......... I don't think the guy would have a job very Long , big difference between a f150 and a tulip tree !
Yeah no **** how could it ever work? Ah hell I use google maps for my estimates don't even get off the Couch

Back