Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18c6e6ebebd4a157fbfda38654558d78.jpg

V1305 motor 5600 hours with radiator oil cooler filters. Runs hydraulic pumps by small pto. Total flow of about 30 gpm. But largest pump is 10 gpm then 7, 6 and 9.5.

29470388df7b5e6f1c28d70a2fdfcfca.jpg

Holy crap! 34hp for a splitter motor?? How many GPM you planning on running, 50+? :surprised3:

Sounds like a score of a beam. I think my old splitter's tube was close to that size. I do see that splitter is on someone's Facebook page now. I should get royalities! Wayne should too, cause the back of his Tahoe is in the pic. :laugh:

Be sure to post progress pics Doug!!

maybe self propelled?????????????????

maybe self propelled?????????????????

If I can find the pump I am looking for. The main hydraulic pump installed only does 10 gpm at 3000 psi. Then it also has 3 aux pumps at 6 to 9 gpm @ 1100 to 1400 psi. I would like about 23 gpm and then two small aux pumps. A main pump then 4 way / log lift and then a winch/conveyor pump

Update. After stacking 14 pallets 11 cord the pile is finally showing some signs of decreasing. Many times I have felt like I was playing Jinga by pulling out pieces.

Almost have all the big pieces worked up too.

Also running out of empty pallets for stacking. Edit Once all the pallets are full it will be awhile to get a total count of the wood pile.

64cfc55c800206e056473872bdcd1dac.jpg

Are you saying you need a pallet building day? I'm in....if you are!

Thanks for the update Doug. I've been wondering how things were going with the pile and what the count was up to. :rock2:

Are you saying you need a pallet building day? I'm in....if you are!

No pallet making party. I made 18 more pallets last winter. Once the pallets are full it will be awhile to get the a total split count. I think I have 10 to 12 more to stack. Been averaging 2 stacked pallets per day.

Hauled in three dump trailer loads of logs for the next cut.

Sounds like you need a GTG just for loading pallets after each charity cut. Or just use the loader bucket to fill the dump trailer & skip the pallets.

No pallet making party. I made 18 more pallets last winter. Once the pallets are full it will be awhile to get the a total split count. I think I have 10 to 12 more to stack. Been averaging 2 stacked pallets per day.

Hauled in three dump trailer loads of logs for the next cut.

BTW, when is the next cut? You thinking about doing one this fall, or waiting until spring?

I was thinking next charity cut in Waukee would be next spring either May 14th or 21st 2016. Already collected 5 loads of nice logs for next year.

Starting a diesel log splitter build with a 34 hp Kubota engine out of an old golf course mower. Planning to assemble after Christmas time. I have the mower and hydraulic cylinder. 4.5" bore 30" stroke and 3.5" shaft. Planning auto cycle controls with adjustable 4 way and hydraulic winch with light weight tongs for lifting larger rounds. Going to try and use a tandem single stage pumps. One section for ram and other section for 4 way and winch The super splits can take the smaller rounds. This splitter is to handle the 14" to 28" pieces. I think a log lift gets in the way at charity cuts. But a log lift does make a great work table. Maybe make some wood staging tables to make thing more efficient.

Someone suggested I add a turbo to the V1305 kubota engine. Don't know if that is possible since the v1305 never came with a turbo.

Looks like you can gain 1.5" of length from drilling and taping new holes in the pusher plate pivot bar and making a slug to fill the gap so the bolts don't have to carry the load in shear.

Got one of the holes drilled and tapped. But my bench top drill press is showing lots of wobble. Something happened. Time for something else. Had to pull out the manual and learn how to use my 6 year old Drill Dr. My drill bits were getting dull.

If your referring to the 5.7 that was an Oldsmobile based engine. But you can put a turbo on anything if you have the know how and ability to make/adapt stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back