Best Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egraham

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My old chaps have bit the dust and it is time for a new pair. I have looked at the elvex and was wondering if people liked the 420 vs the 1000 denier cover and are the ones that wrap around the calves really needed.

are there other brands that i should consider?

I use my saws on my farm throughout the year.

Thanks

The full wrapped ones are just more expensive in my opinion... best to stick with the classic style from any brand really and save yourself some money. I got my Husky chaps for under $100 canadian, they fit well and are comfy, I only wish I had pockets.

I have the Labonville full wrap and a pair sold by Jonsered.
The Labonville can get uncomfortably warm in hot weather.
Quality wise, Labonville gets the nod. They're also more comfortable.
Labonville chaps are generally more expensive than others but are a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER.

The ones that didn't get caught in my saw...wait...they all did

bet they snagged on every twig you walked by too. i hate chaps! the 3600 fallers pants are only $57 CAD at LB woodchoppers. if i weren't wearing them i'd be wearing jeans with no chaps LOL

Asking who makes the best chaps is like asking who makes the best truck. An ASer says FORD, so you buy a Ford F250 and it won't haul the concrete mixer you have. Or maybe your wife wants a truck so she can go buy potting soil. You buy her a Peterbilt but she can't drive it.

When you ask about chaps you either need to say what protection you want or expect, or you need to ask about protection. Otherwise all the above answers translate to " buy pretty pair".

I don't know who makes them but my Dolmar chaps are made of the same material as the Echo and Stihl chaps that I have used in the past.

The Echo and Dolmar chaps are half the cost of the Stihl chaps and they stop the chain just the same

TSC has Jonsered for $60. But like @cuts_deluxe said the buckles can get old when squatting. Haven't seen any with Velcro. And they too get plenty warm.

Ted

Latest posts

Back