The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right before the cancer killed him, my buddy Ron was running a JD 135(?) Excavator with a 16" dangle head processor. He was told it was the smallest one in North America.

I've posted pics before I think?

He figured out that hand-falling was quicker, then he would crawl in and process and deck.

Then the skidder (35 horse Kubota setup for the woods) would come in and skid the decks and load firewood with the loader.

Not a large operation, but that dangle head made production triple in 16" & less wood.

Yes, You did post a video of a sweaty afternoon spent on handfalling with a 660 for Ron's processor. I remember Ron showing too giving the saw a try. It was funny because the saw was an overkill indeed.

I'm sorry to hear of your buddy, Nate.

There was a guy out here who cut and bucked with his processor out in the woods. He was pretty good with it. A grapple skidder brought the logs into the landing. It worked well because the contract required tops and limbs to be left out in the unit.
Yup, many advantages to processing in the sticks.

That's how we long log thin when we're in older timber and an advantage to the fixed head we can lay everything directly in the row next to the machine with the butts or tops lined up for yarding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I ran into a guy who walked through the a landing I was cutting a few weeks ago who was hunting elk with a Marlin .45-70 lever. Kind of a saddle gun. Short barrel. Iron sights. I think its time to get me one of them.

Still, nothing is as personal as a quality scatter gun. That's a beauty 1270.

I ran into a guy who walked through the a landing I was cutting a few weeks ago who was hunting elk with a Marlin .45-70 lever. Kind of a saddle gun. Short barrel. Iron sights. I think its time to get me one of them.

Still, nothing is as personal as a quality scatter gun. That's a beauty 1270.
That sounds like a cool gun.

Back