Yardsale goodies!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big one needs a new ignitian. I have seen there is a way to update it. I will have to research and find out what it needs to regain its "spark". The poulan needs new fuel lines, and who knows what the pioneer needs I just have never seen one and thought for $4 what the heck.

25f0ee441ac21aefa05f4900ec8cb442.jpg
59eda47b1609d7f977c824af94cb5e21.jpg

Valentine's saw [emoji106]

That p41 is one of the best pro saws Pioneer made. 65cc, anti-vibe handles, easy to service and runs forever with no fuss. Looks like it is only missing the air filter and hopefully not an ignition problem. There are 2 ignition modules and some were prone to fail and hard to replace. Mine has a 20" bar. gets regular use and still runs fine.

Nut loose on the carb studs, might just be an air leak keeping the mix lean or preventing the diaphragm pulse signal from allowing fuel pump action.

Good eye on the carb studs. I'd still clean the carb carefully with atleast a filter and a tested line to start with. Try it then maybe still pressure test. It's old as hell but some of those seals seem to last forever too.

Someone must have been in there, perhaps messed up something. the carb base gasket would be a good place to look. smokey7's suggestions sound pretty good.

Mike Acre's lists the ratio as 32:1, pretty common for old Homelites. That's what I run in everything, only problem I have ever had related is spark plugs might not last as long as with leaner ratios but they are cheaper than pistons or bearings in my estimation.

I have a theory, the hole in the top of the intake I believe originally was a sealed stud with a wing nut for the top. They were just using a bolt. Could be why there was no fuel suction. I have to get a new fuel line to check it. I broke the other one. It was too brittle which also could have been a problem

Should be all one piece from filter on tank end, through hole in tank wall to carb. Fish the tank end out with a hooked wire through the filler hole for inspection. Take the filter off end and pressure test hose or just pull it out and replace. Use longer length of new, taper the end for a couple of inches so it goes through the hole easily, cut off tapered end to install filter. Or just put length from carb to can with gas for testing, when it runs that way, connect to line in saw and try again to see if it still runs.

That bolt/stud thing is likely a problem, should be sealed up tight. Would never run with that big hole open.

Latest posts

Back