New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post a picture of a tote.

Or can you post a picture of a tote filled with Stihls. I do believe you about the Stihls. I just want to know what a tote is.

Where I am from we get "totes" of chemicals. Pesticides and fertilizers mostly. 275 gallons. Basically a cube the size of a pallet.

lol I would love to see the totes too!!!!
I would love to see a pic of the dead stihls.... who in their right mind would be dumb enough to keep buying a "bad" saw..... I am not trying to start anything, but really, when I did construction if someone got a bad drill gun NO ONE with 2-brain cells to rub together would go buy the same brand!!!!

462 [emoji6]

ff8080f5d66cc6bfbc411a835fc831f3.jpg

One for the tote guy [emoji23]

843cdd2f1456b82384a5761811441f8e.jpg

Ah yes, the "Rubbermaid" totes. Now I get it. I was thinking a shipping container....

Maybe eventually you will get enough......

Man theres only like 4 saws there im guessing they are not all 46x but if you wanna sell any let me know

look closer. that's only 2 totes too. i fully expect a stihl guy to stick up for his brand but trust me the dead stihls all over is real. for the record, i was running stihls the week this was taken. in that pic there are actually 4 661's, 1 461, and 2 660's if you look close. the second 660 is on the bench upper right corner of pic. it's dead too.

oh no **** you can't see the 4th 661. it's under the front one in the tote. can see the 461's flywheel there too. they are all in various stages of dismantling. it actually looks like the one with exhaust port facing is a 660 too. i can't remember 100%. just a bunch of dead stihls lol

the 461 has actually been a decent saw. i posted a vid somewhere on AS here of the wrist pin issue but other then that i think they runs fine and last pretty good. they ain't no 660 like some claim though. even the newest updates of 661's are blowing up on guys here. i know a guy with a new 661 prototype and he says it's been good and runs even better then the original. i didn't believe him at first as i figured he just got one with a new coil but he did get some kind of prototype. i didn't run it or work on it though so i have no idea what stihl might have changed, it's supposed to address the reliability issues. about all i know for sure about it is it has the same ****** sponge AV.

I am wondering what the ratio blowing up is.... I mean are 100 guys running these and 1-blow up.... or are 5-guys having 4 out of 5 blow up..... and what on these ms461 is goin bad.....I know around here in the hardwood they are aren't having this problem....

And please understand I am not sticking up for stihl.... stihl and husky have had bad saws here lately.... I am just trying to uunderstand what these ms461 are having problems with....

I am wondering what the ratio blowing up is.... I mean are 100 guys running these and 1-blow up.... or are 5-guys having 4 out of 5 blow up..... and what on these ms461 is goin bad.....I know around here in the hardwood they are aren't having this problem....

And please understand I am not sticking up for stihl.... stihl and husky have had bad saws here lately.... I am just trying to uunderstand what these ms461 are having problems with....

As far as I have read, excessive wrist pin wear, and the impulse nipple in the cylinder hitting the piston. Just thinking about it, the two issues may well be connected, and the wrist pin wear the real culprit - but that's just a thought, by no means fact.

It also is really odd that wrist pin wear should appear as an issue on a newish chainsaw design, as it isn't exactly a new feature? :confused::rolleyes:

As far as I have read, excessive wrist pin wear, and the impulse nipple in the cylinder hitting the piston. Just thinking about it, the two issues may well be connected, and the wrist pin wear the real culprit - but that's just a thought, by no means fact.

It also is really odd that wrist pin wear should appear as an issue on a newish chainsaw design, as it isn't exactly a new feature? :confused::rolleyes:
Someone correct me as I don't know for sure, but doesn't the 461 use same wrist pin and piston as the 460.... I thought there were only 10-11 parts that were different between the 461 and the 460...

I haven't been into the ms461, is the impulse nipple in a different spot than the 460????

I remember a post from mustangmike on here we're he believed the nipple cause a failure on a 461 he acquired.....that's the only one I personally have heard of, obviously there could be others....are these "totes" of 461s having the excact same problems???

I have only heard of the issue from mustangmike and westcoaster, is there any other forums that state these issues......makes me wonder, I have talked to a couple guys that work at stihl dealers,(one is a husky fan), and they haven't ran into these issues....I don't think it's the kind of mass problem like the 576s were having....:cheers:

Someone correct me as I don't know for sure, but doesn't the 461 use same wrist pin and piston as the 460.... I thought there were only 10-11 parts that were different between the 461 and the 460...

I haven't been into the ms461, is the impulse nipple in a different spot than the 460????

I remember a post from mustangmike on here we're he believed the nipple cause a failure on a 461 he acquired.....that's the only one I personally have heard of, obviously there could be others....are these "totes" of 461s having the excact same problems???

I have only heard of the issue from mustangmike and westcoaster, is there any other forums that state these issues......makes me wonder, I have talked to a couple guys that work at stihl dealers,(one is a husky fan), and they haven't ran into these issues....I don't think it's the kind of mass problem like the 576s were having....:cheers:

i have only heard of this issue from a stihl dealer lol i'm just reporting my findings here. it is true though, my buddy at the dealer sent a vid to me and i posted it somewhere on the site. can't remember which thread now but it was within the last week. i haven't directly compared many parts to a 460 but i believe they share the same impulse hose just from seeing it at a quick glance. also impulse nipple is same spot. take apart a 461 and other then the difference in the case, case stuffer thing, cylinder, and top covers nearly everything is identical. some other stuff too i'm sure. i'll take a 461 over a 576 anyday no question even if they vibrate like crazy compared to the 576. while a 576 is ok my view on them is they are a smooth running old mans saw. i don't know anyone earning a living with one.

Ya with all the same parts that's why I just don't understand the issue.... oh well, if and when the 461 of mine blows, I will report it here!!!!

I wonder if the 462 will beat the 572 to market? I believe I have been reading about the 572 for about 5 years now.

The 572 is supposed to be out in the early part of 17. They have been testing the 590 for awile now also. Spike60 said the demo 572s he tested were off the chart.

I asked my Husky rep up here in WA to call and they said 2018 Spring ish the 572 would be here. Who know with so much R&D time it better be a good saw. 462 looks good to, who knows.

I emailed Stihl today asking about both the MS441C-M and the MS462C-M this is the response I got. Figured it makes sense to pass it on here...

"We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail.

Two years ago, the MS441C M chainsaw was placed on production hold to the USA by our founding company in Germany. It is due to be re-released to the U.S. market in the first quarter of 2017. Currently, there are no plans to add the M-Tronic feature to the MS461. However, there are plans to release a new chainsaw in the same category as the MS461 to the U.S. market that includes the M-Tronic feature. No designation has been given to this power head as of yet, but the tentative release date is early to mid- 2018.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,
Wayne Lemmond
Technical Service Representative
STIHL Inc."

Aaron

Latest posts

Back