New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't disagree at all: remember when JD saws were Yellow ECHOs?

Those were good Saws too.
Don't remember yellow, but my son still has this one.
jdcs710021.jpg

My grandson needs one of those. Where did you find it?

I got a NIB one at a second hand store when they were going out of business. Half of retail was reasonable. I bought it as a gag, but my nephew saw it and wanted it for his daughter. So she 'borrowed it'. Like any loaner saw, I expect it to come back busted. :buttkick:

661 is a nice saw, but the R model is a fat bottomed girl!!

(661R next to 390xp)
View attachment 465512
661 and 390 weigh almost exactly the same. 661 has more plastic I guess.

Springs can vibrate as much as rubber if you're stretched to the limiters all the time. On a mill the mill end and chain makes a way bigger difference in vines than the saw av.

661 and 390 weigh almost exactly the same. 661 has more plastic I guess.

Springs can vibrate as much as rubber if you're stretched to the limiters all the time. On a mill the mill end and chain makes a way bigger difference in vines than the saw av.
The 661 full of fluids with 28" bar is 23.6 lbs and a 390 full of fluids with 28 bar is 21.9. Weighed them not too long ago so about 1.5 pound difference

The 661 full of fluids with 28" bar is 23.6 lbs and a 390 full of fluids with 28 bar is 21.9. Weighed them not too long ago so about 1.5 pound difference
Both with wrap handles? I seen 2 pictures of scale shots with full wraps.

Subscribed. Just bought an MS461R.
My dealer has no idea about 462.....
I guess one of the owners of my local shop is at some sort of Stihl dealer convention or get together. I'll ask him when he gets back.
I hope I didn't make a mistake by going with the 461 when I could wait a couple weeks and get an m tropic 462.
The 461 has such a loyal following and the model is so damn reliable I doubt I will regret this purchase

Rumor is a 441 replacement is coming through the pipeline and it will be the 442. Don't see the 461 being replaced at this point, I think having a non-Mtronic saw in the pro saw lineup is a smart decision, especially when it has such a strong following.

Back