New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E bars are also laminated though. Pinch an ES or Pro Top bar in a back cut and bend it, and you can bend it back pretty easy (I have done it). Bend a laminated bar, and it is toast. I have a lot of both types... I do not notice the weight difference at all, really. I use my E bars for bucking and noodling and in the burbs, and ES bars for falling and when I am out in the woods. I will take ES and GB Pro bars any day over the laminates. But that's me...
Thanks for the post windthrown: I've never bent a bar yet. Been in some predicaments where it was a miracle that they didn't get bent though.

My distant cousin owns the largest tree service in our area, and he has 2 of the 362CMs at the Stihlership right now that are fried due to "not being ran correctly," according to the stihlership.

I'll pass on the CM models,
Thank You.

How can you not ran a saw correctly? Especially an M-tronic model? All you can fork up now on a saw like that is the gas mix. But I agree on the M or CM models. I prefer tuning my fleet myself.

How can you not ran a saw correctly? Especially an M-tronic model? All you can fork up now on a saw like that is the gas mix. But I agree on the M or CM models. I prefer tuning my fleet myself.
Supposedly, they don't run them wide open enough, and with carbon build up, along with running 50:1, (per Stihl instructions), they now have 2 $750 seized saws.

I got one of those for my birfday last week..its light and fuel efficient , i was planning on having it ported..who makes them the fastest ?

I like the low vibe myself. And it is a lot quieter than my other saws. Not that my niece will give it up any time soon. My nephew says she runs round the house nekked revving it up to drive her mother nuts. The PERFECT gift that keeps on giving.

I like the low vibe myself. And it is a lot quieter than my other saws. Not that my niece will give it up any time soon. My nephew says she runs round the house nekked revving it up to drive her mother nuts. The PERFECT gift that keeps on giving.
That is Exactly what I am looking For: mission Accomplished.

Thank You.

Brad Snelling.

His Saws Really Fly.

He's one of the preferred Sponsors Here.

Oh no, do not get me started on Brad... I just came back here after a semester off of this place.

Preferred Sponsor? Is that like the Pope of Saws or something? I read on another site that he has a God complex.

Oh no, do not get me started on Brad... I just came back here after a semester off of this place.

Preferred Sponsor? Is that like the Pope of Saws or something? I read on another site that he has a God complex.
Reread.

Slowly

Brad Snelling.

His Saws Really Fly.

He's one of the preferred Sponsors Here.

Ive seen them go for a ride..it happened to me 2 years ago on a bad leaner..i just didnt document it with video to spare myself the criticism from superior chainsaw users , i gave him credit for the humility .. it took balls knowing the flack he was gonna get from the dore's.. translated : disciples of randy evans...aka the conspiracy militia..aka the "MBB" mastermind's banana boyz...they a rough crowd.

What kind of gains should i expect ? , im not very experienced with saws yet..i dont like falling victim to marketing so im lookin for some real world advice.

i just wanna hang with the cool guys :oops:

Ive seen them go for a ride..it happened to me 2 years ago on a bad leaner..i just didnt document it with video to spare myself the criticism from superior chainsaw users , i gave him credit for the humility .. it took balls knowing the flack he was gonna get from the dore's.. translated : disciples of randy evans...aka the conspiracy militia..aka the "MBB" mastermind's banana boyz...they a rough crowd.

What kind of gains should i expect ? , im not very experienced with saws yet..i dont like falling victim to marketing so im lookin for some real world advice.

i just wanna hang with the cool guys :oops:
The Proper Term is RRM: get it right Hotrod.

Supposedly, they don't run them wide open enough, and with carbon build up, along with running 50:1, (per Stihl instructions), they now have 2 $750 seized saws.

They don't run them wide open enough? Carbon build-up in an auto-tune M-tronic saw? WTF? Sounds like another star quality dealership thar. Blame the user. I am surprised they did not say it was 'bad gas!'

I run my saws flat out or at idle. In the wood, I dog then and lever the holy crap out of them. I have yet to burn up a saw or seize one. Of course I run at about 40:1 and I run super E0 gas with stabilizer and JASO FD oil in it. I also re-tune when I change elevation, and I only work on them myself. Oh and I remove the limiter caps and run them a tad burple-rich. Which can lead to a tad more carbon build-up. But really?

They don't run them wide open enough? Carbon build-up in an auto-tune M-tronic saw? WTF? Sounds like another star quality dealership thar. Blame the user. I am surprised they did not say it was 'bad gas!'

I run my saws flat out or at idle. In the wood, I dog then and lever the holy crap out of them. I have yet to burn up a saw or seize one. Of course I run at about 40:1 and I run super E0 gas with stabilizer and JASO FD oil in it. I also re-tune when I change elevation, and I only work on them myself. Oh and I remove the limiter caps and run them a tad burple-rich. Which can lead to a tad more carbon build-up. But really?
I **** You Knot.

He is beside himself.

The dealership is also a JohnDeere dealership, you know the one I drive by every time I drive to my Stihl dealer. 8 moar miles. [emoji38][emoji38]

There is 1 good tech there, and realistically, they will wind up warrantying those 2 saws due to the business he brings them, but WTF?

Not 1, but 2 $750 saws,
1. Mix came from different cans
2. Operated under similar conditions
3. Seized

That says all I need to know about CM & 50:1 mix.

No Thank You.

I'll keep running 40:1.

Amen to that.

Many of the Stihl dealers here are JD tractor stores as well. They took over a lot of distributorships in the PNW. I do not go to any of them, as they charge for shipping to order any parts that are not in stock, even after I bought a half dozen 200T and three 211 saws from them. They did give me a good discount, and they have a hot receptionist, but forget ordering parts or getting anything serviced there. Local guy here has good loops, and I get the parts from another dealer that as a large parts and saw inventory. Both are independent. I do all my own service work, including porting.

The story is more sinister about JD though. JD owned Homelite I think it was, and Homelite had a new fuel efficient and low smog engine design. So JD went and lobbied congress to get the EPA to mandate all the new smog laws on small engines, thinking they could get a monopoly on the small engine market in the USA Well, push come to shove, Stihl and Husky had air injection engine designs and they survived the smog laws. So JD completely flipped and dropped all their small engine line and picked up Stihl and Honda to sell in their stores. Phukkers.

Amen to that.

Many of the Stihl dealers here are JD tractor stores as well. They took over a lot of distributorships in the PNW. I do not go to any of them, as they charge postage to order any parts, even after I bought a half dozen 200T and three 211 saws from them. They did give me a good discount, and they have a hot receptionist, but forget ordering parts or getting anything serviced there. Local guy here has good loops, and I get the parts from another dealer that as a large parts and saw inventory. Both are independent. I do all my own service work, including porting.

The story is more sinister about JD though. JD owned Homelite I think it was, and Homelite had a new fuel efficient and low smog engine design. So JD went and lobbied congress to get the EPA to mandate all the new smog laws on small engines, thinking they could get a monopoly on the small engine market in the USA Well, push come to shove, Stihl and Husky had air injection engine designs and they survived the smog laws. So JD completely flipped and dropped all their small engine line and picked up Stihl and Honda to sell in their stores. Phukkers.
I don't disagree at all: remember when JD saws were Yellow ECHOs?

Those were good Saws too.

The local JD dealership was a small outfit that did a lot of business in our area for many years.
In fact, it was started by another distant cousin some 40 yrs ago, and sold to a local business man some 20 odd years ago.

The local guy ran it for many years, and did well, but he was offered a deal he could not refuse, and sold it a few years ago.

It changed hands, and due to many other issues, has since changed hands again, and is now owned by a large JD Network Dealer.

The Small Town, Local feel is gone.

The sad part is, we still have A LOT OF GREEN EQUIPMENT at the farm due to all the years of the good dealership, as do so many others, some of the same parts guys, and sales guys are there, but it's just not what it once was. [emoji20]

There's Nothing wrong with growing a business, but don't forget where the steady customers come from either.

I don't disagree at all: remember when JD saws were Yellow ECHOs?

I missed that. I had Kubotas. Kubota dealer nearest me carries Husky, where I bought all my (no longer own) Husky saws. I did have a few Echo 300/3000 TH saws. They do not hold up over time though. Too much plastic, and the really bad thing was that they had the air intake right at the front of the saw. Good design there!

The local JD dealership was a small outfit that did a lot of business in our area for many years.
In fact, it was started by another distant cousin some 40 yrs ago, and sold to a local business man some 20 odd years ago.

You seem to have a lot of relative down thar in Jawjaw. All the local JD dealers here have been sucked up recently (after the Great Recession) into one giant conglomerate chain. The name is even on a freeway sign in Eugene that makes me steam whenever I see it. The Randy Pape' Beltline. Guy had a shiite load of JD dealerships and they named a major road after him after he croaked. There was huge backlash about re-naming the Beltline and no one likes it, except the suck-up Lane County Commissioners that did it.

Back