New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
bwalker
Really? I have seen them come up. A guy in Portland had a pair of them for $800 each, never seen wood. They took over a month to sell. A guy in Seattle had a brand new one listed for $1,200 on CL, and he has now dropped it to $950 now. Not exactly cheap, but it is brand spankin' 'new'.

I traded for one from another member here on AS not that long ago. It is near-mint. Runs like a freakin' top, already had the muffler modded correctly with a Husky baffle cover.
Next time you see one please let me know.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Ryan, I think if you look at the actual testing, you will see AV makes the most difference when the saw is being piss revved (not in the wood) .<rest snipped>.

I beg to completely disagree. I have used many different saws out in the woods and in the burbs all day: falling, bucking, limbing, topping, and noodling up rounds. The vibration will get to you and fatigue you a lot faster with a higher vibration saw, in or out of the wood. And it is not just the fatigue factor, the vibration is damaging to you over time. For that reason they (the US and EU) are coming down hard on high vibration tools and forcing manufactures to reduce the vibration exposure. I have serious problems with tendonitis in my left forearm, and I have friends with white finger. It is not something to dismiss out of hand.

MustangMike
I beg to completely disagree. I have used many different saws out in the woods and in the burbs all day: falling, bucking, limbing, topping, and noodling up rounds. The vibration will get to you and fatigue you a lot faster with a higher vibration saw, in or out of the wood. And it is not just the fatigue factor, the vibration is damaging to you over time. For that reason they (the US and EU) are coming down hard on high vibration tools and forcing manufactures to reduce the vibration exposure. I have serious problems with tendonitis in my left forearm, and I have friends with white finger. It is not something to dismiss out of hand.

Did not mean to dismiss it, just thought the charts reflected a bigger difference "out of the wood". Forget who posted them, but remember seeing them.

hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
Really? I have seen them come up. A guy in Portland had a pair of them for $800 each, never seen wood. They took over a month to sell. A guy in Seattle had a brand new one listed for $1,200 on CL, and he has now dropped it to $950 now. Not exactly cheap, but it is brand spankin' 'new'.

I traded for one from another member here on AS not that long ago. It is near-mint. Runs like a freakin' top, already had the muffler modded correctly with a Husky baffle cover.

My distant cousin owns the largest tree service in our area, and he has 2 of the 362CMs at the Stihlership right now that are fried due to "not being ran correctly," according to the stihlership.

I'll pass on the CM models,
Thank You.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
I like those double dogs! Hey, I know the ES bar cost more and has a replaceable tip, but the E bars are lighter. I think if you try one, you will like it.

E bars are also laminated though. Pinch an ES or Pro Top bar in a back cut and bend it, and you can bend it back pretty easy (I have done it). Bend a laminated bar, and it is toast. I have a lot of both types... I do not notice the weight difference at all, really. I use my E bars for bucking and noodling and in the burbs, and ES bars for falling and when I am out in the woods. I will take ES and GB Pro bars any day over the laminates. But that's me...

Latest posts