Maruyama mcv51

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

Thanks to tips from some people here I ordered one of these beauties today from Amazon. Any tips from those with experience with these or Dolmar 5105's on improvements to make, i.e. muffler mod, retune carb, etc. Any tips on how to do the improvements would also be appreciated also. Great site for getting help and advice, especially for somebody new to this game.Thanks.

I posted a link in one of your postings to a good muffler mod thread. Study it a bit then have a go at yours and post the results. Pics are a must!:popcorn2:

I posted a link in one of your postings to a good muffler mod thread. Study it a bit then have a go at yours and post the results. Pics are a must!:popcorn2:

Found the link, thanks. 1 1/2 weeks before I get the saw so nothing real soon but will post pics and if I can figure how to do it a before and after video cutting.

Its funny, I never heard of this company until about a year ago when my local shop stopped selling echo and husky products and start selling the Maruyama commercial equipment. Asked them why they switched and they said they were losing money to lowes and HD, and that they have had less issues out of the Maruyama equipment that either of the other two... Even though most of the echo and Maruyama stuff looks like it came off the same assembly line.

Really I wasnt aware of that, I know my echo blower and the Maruyam handheld blowers are literally the same engines which surprised the heck out of me. I figured they were offshoots of the same company, since echo seems to be aimed these days at more houseowner and less professional line.

This site and you people are a bad influence. I ordered a 2nd Maruyama tonite. Wife and I went out to dinner the other night and I sprayed 2 cycle oil on instead of cologne. Wife is not happy.

I just picked the last one up off of amazon! I was looking for a new saw and a couple guys on here recommend the Maruyama...It took me a few months, but I finally ordered it.
What can I expect?

since it is just a blacked out dolmar i would expect a blackish 50cc dolmar-like chainsaw.

it may have a cataylitic muffler and or non adjustable carb and possibly a "safety" chain.

the 5105 dolmar sort of has a reputation for being a fast cutter and very easy to start. dolmars are known to be very durable--

for $329 shipped they look like a steal-- i would buy one myself but i got a semi-truck load of saws and just bought a open box 6100 that is like new and then bought a wrecked echo 620p to rebuild --so i'm saw poor right now--darn CAD--lol

the 51 begs for a non -catalytic muffler and a carb re-tune i SUSPECT --and probably a decent saw chain --

it could be fine without the mods -- you'll just have to run it and see--

Just bought one off of Amazon. Should be here next week. From everything I have read it is a 5105 Dolmar, rebadged. These are 2013 model saws. For the money you really can't go wrong. We shall see.

Get rid of the cat.

When you tune it nice and crispy for limbing and light bucking it will run way too hot with that silly thing in there.

Tuned fat, you don’t notice the issue as much.

Latest posts

Back