Needed saw builder near Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankfort eh? I grew up there and moved away when I was 14. We still have a cabin there. Have u lived there for ever?

Sorry to derail OP, I do have a 385xp that Carl from Miller Mod Saws did for me and I Love it!! Can't go wrong with a ported saw, u won't wanna put it down!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
No derail im excited to use one

Frankfort eh? I grew up there and moved away when I was 14. We still have a cabin there. Have u lived there for ever?

Sorry to derail OP, I do have a 385xp that Carl from Miller Mod Saws did for me and I Love it!! Can't go wrong with a ported saw, u won't wanna put it down!

Yep lived here my whole life.

Thinking im going to give tree monkey a try. Now what saw to send hmmmm anyone wanna help with the choice?
Do you have a bottom end hour count on these saws you speak of?
Sounds like they've been a bit of everyone's girl.
Crank shafts don't seem to like that.
The 460's are old model's too.
If you know the history and don't have a pile of hours on it AND IF the top can be transferred to a 461??? when you time out your bottom end then I would consider doing that.
If the 460 has more run time than the 661 then he is likely going to talk you out sending the 460 anyway. If they all have too much time then I would hope whomever, won't do it unless you are getting a new crank & bearing.
Now you are paying for parts and labor. Personally then I would be thinking about a new saw first if this is the case.

Have several 661 two have less then 10 tanks threw them total one has less then five there back ups i just run them from time to time. Both 460 that i would send either one have very little run time both bought from original owners could put both on a shelf next to new ones and not tell a difference. With the bar that has been ran.. all saws are very very solid running saws all have great Comp. Just like the idea of 661 in a 460 size saw so thats the hopes with the porting. Does anyone else have concerns with the bottem ends? If they run fine and are tight now what would change all of a sudden after the port work? Thanks
Joe

No, not with that little use.
What is alot of use to you guys? Lol and how is hours a fair judgement since i can make a tank of fuel last or i can burn threw it fast.. so a saw with less hours could actually have been ran harder for less time then a saw with more hours and easyer running conditions if any of that made since

Brad...it's not Mike (Super 3) met him at a GTG once. I feel bad I can't remember his name...I could be wrong he might be from Ohio rather than Indiana but thought Indiana, haven't seen him on here in a few years.

Does tree monkey have a contact on here? Is there any builders willing to work over a solid ms 460? I talked with Scott a few days ago and have not heard back from him. Thanks yall happy Halloween

haha never saw this post. yep lived here my whole life. where in MI are you now?

Back