Husky 445 from Hell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacing the primer bulb tomorrow, coil comes in wednesday.

I will without-a-doubt keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the bulb is good to replace anyways and they are only $12 or so. was that carb or fuel filter aftermarket?

i saw $23 and assumed AM. i see you got an OEM one so not bad to even have as a spare. never seen a weak coil create a bog that bad though. the saw is showing a classic symptom. your gonna be figuring why your metering chamber isn't filling properly. i'd pop the metering side cover off and make sure your metering lever is adjusted right. i've seen them way low in carbs directly from husqvarna. it's ruined me, i can't just install a new carb without verifying it's properly assembled and all the screws are tight. if all is well there, i suspect the purge bulb. you'll figure it.
This seems as likely as anything else.
But on a different front--have you pressure tested the saw?

the bulb is good to replace anyways and they are only $12 or so. was that carb or fuel filter aftermarket?

The carb was a from Husqvarna...Zama, exactly the same as the one that came out of it. Fuel filter was OEM as well

This seems as likely as anything else.
But on a different front--have you pressure tested the saw?

The saw has not been pressure tested yet. I guess that would be the next step if none of these repairs work

Well sometimes I will skip pressure and vacuum testing a saw if I'm fairly confident that I found the repair already after the first repair attempts didn't work I probably would have pressure and vacuum test of it. I forget who said something about restricting some air flow through the strato butterfly is a great idea.

the absolute most basic of things to check is that the carb is assembled right. if you don't know what to look for just ask, someone here will be able to tell you. saw could potentially be running right in 15 minutes without anymore money spent. a pin hole in the metering diaphragm would vent it same way a faulty purge bulb would, a stiff diaphragm could do it too although would take an extreme case to get that bad and not likely in a new carb. you threw money at it and it's probably costing as much as a pro saw now with all the parts swapping and frustration. meanwhile it likely needed nothing but a purge bulb, metering diaphragm or just something corrected in the carb. i once got a like new husky 570 for pretty well nothing that someone had thrown money at like this. the metering diaphragm had folded in a corner during assembly and caused exact same running issue as yours. unfolded and tightened back down. still runs mint today lol you might want to check the spark screen like corey said first reply lol wouldn't that be something. have to be stopped up real bad to make it bog like that though.

the absolute most basic of things to check is that the carb is assembled right. if you don't know what to look for just ask, someone here will be able to tell you. saw could potentially be running right in 15 minutes without anymore money spent. a pin hole in the metering diaphragm would vent it same way a faulty purge bulb would, a stiff diaphragm could do it too although would take an extreme case to get that bad and not likely in a new carb. you threw money at it and it's probably costing as much as a pro saw now with all the parts swapping and frustration. meanwhile it likely needed nothing but a purge bulb, metering diaphragm or just something corrected in the carb. i once got a like new husky 570 for pretty well nothing that someone had thrown money at like this. the metering diaphragm had folded in a corner during assembly and caused exact same running issue as yours. unfolded and tightened back down. still runs mint today lol you might want to check the spark screen like corey said first reply lol wouldn't that be something. have to be stopped up real bad to make it bog like that though.

Very good point. I plan on working on it tonight and its something I will defiantly take a look at the carb. I have the Zama tech manual printed out and will verify the specs

**LADIES AND GENTLEMEN**

SHE RUNS!

Put a new Champion spark plug and a new primer bulb. Plug was originally replaced so i think the primer bulb was the culprit. Fired right up and it running like a champ. Carb needs some minor adjusting which ill do this weekend i got some wood cutting to do. Ill have some spare parts(carb & coil) but still even with everything I've bought i still have less than 100$ into this saw(including purchase price). BUT I've gained alot of knowledge and a ton of respect for this forum! There was a ton of good info and advice put out there!

Again i can't thank you guys enough!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good deal. That will make you a good little firewood saw. And enough know how now to keep her running for many years.

Back