Husky 445 from Hell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A spark tester will let you know if the coil is going, puts more of a load on the coil cause it has to jump a further gap, use one at work to test cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers.If it sparks good, coil is good, cold. When I test one, I want it got also for a second testing bot to see if it fails. Cheaper than throwing a coil at it and you can always use a spark tester.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

A purge bulb can still pump fuel fine and be junk. A leaking check valve within can vent the metering chamber enough to cause metering malfunction. Rather then pull the diaphragm down when the chamber drains it just vents through the purge system. No response from needle adjustments is a classic symptom of a starved metering chamber. Unless of course some dumb ass didn’t assemble a new carb right. Wouldn’t be the first time.

I had a customer that had put kerosene in his saw. Swore up and down the mix was fresh.He cussed me out saying that I was full of it.Anyway I saved his "kerosene" in a jar.He was billerigant, so was I. His bad vocabulary cost him $65.
Three days later he stopped by and apologized.His mix can was filled with something that was not mix.

A spark tester will let you know if the coil is going, puts more of a load on the coil cause it has to jump a further gap, use one at work to test cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers.If it sparks good, coil is good, cold. When I test one, I want it got also for a second testing bot to see if it fails. Cheaper than throwing a coil at it and you can always use a spark tester.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
I'm more 'hillside mannerism' I still tell time by gas tanks and the sun and navigate by the moss. and tree leans.
So will it tell if it fires out of time?
Slightly? I'll have to read some posts I missed.

I worked on a saw once until I was at my wits end and it turned out the fuel mix was unburnable. The fuel looked good, not nasty or anything but somebody must have put green kool aid in the tank instead of fuel mix.
Certainly could be the case...however the current fuel mix i have was also used in another chainsaw, and a leaf blower, both for continuous usage this weekend, zero issues.

I can promise you guys, without a doubt, that there is good...if not perfect...fuel in this chainsaw

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also, i called a local shop and they have a "air purge" primer bulb in stock along with another new spark plug(just in case), I will be replacing those as well as other have suggested

i saw $23 and assumed AM. i see you got an OEM one so not bad to even have as a spare. never seen a weak coil create a bog that bad though. the saw is showing a classic symptom. your gonna be figuring why your metering chamber isn't filling properly. i'd pop the metering side cover off and make sure your metering lever is adjusted right. i've seen them way low in carbs directly from husqvarna. it's ruined me, i can't just install a new carb without verifying it's properly assembled and all the screws are tight. if all is well there, i suspect the purge bulb. you'll figure it.

i saw $23 and assumed AM. i see you got an OEM one so not bad to even have as a spare. never seen a weak coil create a bog that bad though.
Not if they weren't puking fuel out the front, I haven't seen it either.
He didn't confirm that so I'm assuming not. I Don't know this coil though? That and the presence of a blue spark is throwing me off on that. They often do go after sitting on the shelf though. Common with a lot of things.
I've heard of it doing his from the coil needing a slight movement (as he has tried) and a low coil wire arc. A have had lots arc on the cylinder and just make a miss or cut out if they got wet. Thing is the saw is like new and there is a very good chance he will need one down the road anyway. It's $24. It's just one of those parts that it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

the saw is showing a classic symptom. your gonna be figuring why your metering chamber isn't filling properly. i'd pop the metering side cover off and make sure your metering lever is adjusted right. i've seen them way low in carbs directly from husqvarna. it's ruined me, i can't just install a new carb without verifying it's properly assembled and all the screws are tight. if all is well there, i suspect the purge bulb. you'll figure it.
look! life time advice that doesn't cost anything. Its good to get some theory on things I'm not familiar with, much appreciated, but considering either one is resulting in lack of fuel, then isn't priming an easy way to rule all this out?

I watched the video once again... When you operate the trigger the saw acts like it gets more air (top valve opens) but no additional fuel (throttle valve does not open or opens late from idle position). Does the linkage operate the throttle as it should?

You might try blocking the top bore (partially) while operating the trigger to check if that would produce at least some acceleration... Doing that with the chain removed is a lot safer ;)

Back