How many saws do you regularly use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we're doing pics,,,,
ETA - 18 lbs and 8 lbs.
LZT0Hg1.jpg

I usually bring tge saw for the job. Limb work small saws. Then i bring what ever saws need ran. Usually there is a few at any given moment that need tested or ran because its been awhile. Usually the prober saw for the job stays in the truck and the test saws do all the work. And usually are totally the wrong saw for the job(too big).

Yeah my van needs to have room on return from milling so I only take 2 170, 046, 460 & the 661 if I'm milling over 29" dia. Wait that's at least 3. I'm glad a few need work since I lost count past 2
Never was all that good at math. If someone asks how many saws I have, I say "a couple". If they ask if that count's the shed and basement, I say, "oh, a few more".
FMFniqF.jpg

Never was all that good at math. If someone asks how many saws I have, I say "a couple". If they ask if that count's the shed and basement, I say, "oh, a few more".
FMFniqF.jpg
Do i Spy a couple 1050/200/2100 homelites in that group there? I had one when i was a young **** and let it go and i kick myself in the ass now every time i see one!!!

I can see a guy bringing two in case one breaks down or you get one hung up. I could be wrong, but I feel three or more is just because you want to run different saws, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think in a normal firewood situation, two is plenty.
when i first started cutting wood all i had was my Husqvarna 555 and well long story short i got my bar pinched while bucking up a log so i had to use the bottle jack out of my truck to get the gap big enough to pull out my saw. the next day i went and bought a second B/C combo to keep as a spare so that all i would have to due is remove the clutch cover and drop the stuck one in the cut and put on the spare one to cut it out. haven't needed to since...lol...so now that my "stable" has grown to over 20 saws i take 3 with me only reason i take the 2095 is so that if i come across a trophy tree i have a big enough saw to do take it on!!!

Do i Spy a couple 1050/200/2100 homelites in that group there? I had one when i was a young **** and let it go and i kick myself in the ass now every time i see one!!!
A Super 1050 Automatic with 36" bar my dad bought new back in the 70's, A super 1050 with 24" bar I just bought to replace the one I gave SVK, a C72 with 36" bar and a C51, the rest are smaller. Well, except the Mac 550, that's 99CC's.

Normally only take 2 saws to bush.
My echo is my go to saw and just grab whatever saw as a backup.

Unless cutting bigger trees then something else.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Generally stick to the 30, 60, 90cc ish setup. The brand and models of saws will change however it usually is a 3 saw setup.

Run a 660 on the mill pretty much all the time. Other sizes of saws get tossed into the mix here and there.

Been using a 37cc Ryobi for a while, best bargain out there at $109.00 before tax.

That is so close to my line up it's about half scary. Missing the MAC 10 series in the picView attachment 648463 View attachment 648464
Just shows, great minds think alike! Or, maybe it's the blind leading the blind.

To answer the OP's question truthfully, I usually take 1-2 saws to cut firewood. The farms I cut on, most every thing is standing dead Oak. All the little stuff shatters when they hit the ground. I take something in the 90-100CC range with a 24-25 inch bar and throw the 36" on the back seat just in case. I can use the FEL to drag the logs out into a field and set them on cross limbs to keep them out of the dirt, and load the rounds on my dump trailer. Now that I've got the Mac 550 I'll put it in the rotation. If I do rock a chain I'll just sharpen it, or go home and drink a beer.

Back